1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedal boards + di

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bareass, Feb 21, 2013.

1. bareass

bareass

I'm looking to build up a pedal board that will house my effects and di box, and be the only thing I play through on stage. (or. No amp)
    I'm looking for inspiration here!
    Who's got this? Let's see it!!

2. metaball

metaball

cables go in the case & packs easily. the sansamp fits in a compartment in my bass guitar case & is phantom powered from the mixer.
    [​IMG]

3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

My BDDI Deluxe FX loop is so very handy. With my FX gigs I have so far always played straight to PA as backline using the regular output through EQ and Reverb always on, straight to mixer onstage, no vocals. I should really get myself another DI for simplicity.

4. CElton

CElton Supporting Member

This is my PedalTrain Nano. I use it for IEM gigs. I remove the ToneHammer when I use my rig.

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

I'm in the midst of setting up my board with a 3Leaf Enabler mounted under the deck. It's a custom board with outputs on the side of the board so it's easy to plug right in. Extra benefit of the Enabler is that it has an amazing headphone amp in it. Both the DI and the amp are always on so you can hide it under your board if you don't want to waste the space. You cannot use the EQ but for me that's ok. I love that I can just plug my bass and headphones into the side of my board and I have a silent practice setup with all my effects. I wired up the Aux In with an input too, not to mention the easy DI capabilities. I'll post some pics when I have it's all complete.

7. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

Here's my setup I've been ampless for a couple of years now and I love it. I have an IEM system too and no way I'll ever go back to amps and wedges. It fits in a tool case I got at Harbor Freight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

This is the latest version of my board. Sorry for the bad photo. Right to left, that's the TCE Polytune, the MXR bass compressor, Source Audio Multiwave pro distortion and their pro envelope filter, then the MXR M80 DI.

[​IMG]

9. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    I was gonna wait until I was completely done before I posted my board, but what the heck?! Not quite ampless, I'm running the setup through a Crown power amp...Sorry for the crappy quality.
    [​IMG]

I just got the BassWitch, so I'm gonna play with it a bit tomorrow. The Tone Hammer, which I also just got, will probably be regulated to the b-list board I'm gonna set up. I'm on the waiting list for the FEA Labs stuff, so the M87 may be moved to the b-list board also. Honestly, I'm probably gonna replace everything on this board, except for the BassWitch, unless it doesn't work...

10. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

I never liked the dirt on the Tone Hammer. It's fairly retro if that's your thing, but it seems kind of flatulent, too. I'd go for one of those new VT Bass DI units. Right now I'm pretty happy with the more modern sounding MXR M80.

11. newbold

newbold

[​IMG]

This fits into one side of a vintage Samsonite suitcase, with the other side saved for cables and misc. stuff.

If I'm travelling with a gigbag/foam case, there's room for clothes/etc in the suitcase.

12. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player Supporting Member

My friend vegas532 dubbed my pedalboard "The USS Bad Muther F%$&er" :cool::

[​IMG]

Includes my BSS Audio AR-133 active DI box.

13. gillento

gillento

14. OmeDunk

OmeDunk

Bpm on the set list. Wish our drummer would do that.

15. MarPi158

MarPi158

I do exactly what you want to do with the Basswitch IQ DI. It is a great tool !

http://www.rmi.lu

Attached Files:

16. gillento

gillento

Well, it is me writing the setlist :)
    We even write down guitar changes...

17. obsidianbass

obsidianbass

Mine's a little home made board. I keep it pretty simple but it's been enough for me!

(The pedals aren't hanging off the edge, just close. The camera angle kinda makes it look like they are though).

Attached Files:

18. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Here's mine:

[​IMG]
    Pedalboard is iOS based, all my effects and amp sims come from the iPhone 4S, running Jamup XT w/ bass expansion, attached to my mic stand.

DI box is on the floor.

19. obsidianbass

obsidianbass

Never tried the iOS thing. Does it really sound good?

20. TimboZ

TimboZ

21. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    Looks like we're going the same direction. Except, after messing around with my Basswitch for a while today, the TH is definitely going to the back up board! The Basswitch is the REAL DEAL! I have a question for you and MarPi158, do you guys get any scratchy pot sounds from the LF and HF knobs? I am. It's not a huge deal, but those are the only 2 knobs that make any odd noises. Wasn't sure if that was normal or should I be worried...