1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedal Breeders' BIG Board Club Part II: Biggins'

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 11, 2014.

DIY or ready made board? and of course, why?

1. Build you own board

141 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. Spend the scratch for a ready made board

123 vote(s)
    46.6%
  1. gregmon79

gregmon79 Effectheadaholic Supporting Member

Con't from here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/pedal-breeders-big-board-club-981208/

Here is an updated members list. If you would like a number please ask in a post, thanks all! Now lets see some more awesomeness....

gregmon79 #1
    Downunderwonder #2
    Mjac #3
    sillyfabe #4
    mmmbongo #5
    Holmebass #6
    Snakeman1066 #7
    JoseNeville #8
    Chaddycakes #9
    DethByDoom #10
    aetheriac #11
    Aceonbass # 12
    Kazoo- #13
    Adamixoye #14
    BootsRiley #15
    Gospel Jazz#16
    Seescottrock #17
    nshuman #18
    gnarkill #19
    Booshbass #20
    falconspatriots #21
    Wardevil #22
    Stevorebob #23
    Matt Dean #24
    Dirty Duke #25
    Baird6869 #26
    millahh #27
    MightyMiloQuinn #28
    j@zz_b@ss #29
    Rneckties31 #30

2. gregmon79

I would like to see someone start a thread poll...........

3. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Here's what it looked like a couple of days ago:

[​IMG]

Signal chain goes: Compressor -> blender -> tremolo -> wah -> tuner -> SansAmp.

On the blender:
    Loop A is clean
    Loop B is MicroPOG-> phaser -> flanger -> delay
    Loop C is the Oxide
    Loop D is Agro -> Joyo

The Oxide sold and shipped out this morning, and a Pickle Pie B will be talking its place early this week.

Jamesray740 likes this.
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Poll can only be added by #1 afaik.

Diy or ready made?

IWNBARMPB
    All toes.
    :ninja:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gregmon79

Well, I had to take the XD1 off my board for now. It was a lot of pedal to take on immediately so I am getting to know the pedal a little better before I throw it into the mix with all my other pedals. Here is an updated pic of the start of part II!!! yeah buddy!!

[​IMG]

7. gregmon79

I didnt know that. Thanks, I will do that right now.

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

DIY - couldn't find one that fit my wish for a very compact pedalboard.
    Plus it's fun to build something to your own specifications, and it's cheaper.

9. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

IWNBARMPB.

And I AM all toes at handiwork! But it's too easy to hack up two planks and two runners from 1/2" ply.

Feel free to sig yourselves IWNBARMPB, those voting DIY.

10. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

I went the PedalTrain route...I have the needed tools and reasonable skills, but living in an NYC apartment means I lack a viable workspace. Also, I'm still in the process of figuring out what works for me, so if I decide my current PT is wither to small or to big (ok, just kidding on the latter), I can sell it and try out a different one.

11. yaksonator

yaksonator

Heres mine for a long while!

Attached Files:

12. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

Here's my latest (and subbing to the thread):

[​IMG]

13. hxcJORDAN

hxcJORDAN

I put some velcro and rubber feet on a piece of plywood for my 4 pedals so they fit in my rack case with my amp and a power conditioner. No need to haul around another bag or case, just throw it in the rack and go.

14. Rneckties31

Rneckties31 Supporting Member

Since I posted near the end of the thread I'll post again. Went from not using any pedals 5 months ago to this board now! Just revised it two days ago.

Attached Files:

15. gregmon79

I never really have those soundblox pedals much thought. Until now. That OFD I think it sounds pretty awesome. Especially the octafuzz of whatever it is on there. Very cool.

16. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

I have the OFD and Manta ordered. The OFD should be here next week, the Manta maybe the week after that. The Gamma Bass OD from johnK should be here in maybe a week or two. I will have an update for the new thread then. I will need to choose what gets bumped off the board. I am thinking it might be the blue tube unless I can fit in somehow.

I was wondering what happened to that XD1, kind of hard to miss that removal on your board :)

17. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

You are missing out my brotha. The OFD is legit, although your dirt supply is perfect. The Orbital modulator is the best Chorus/ Phaser/ Flange I have ever played, and the Manta really broke new ground in the filter arena. I never could fit filters into my playing, but this thing has sounds that I can fit into almost anything. Your board is stacked, and I wouldn't recommend changing anything, but SA is legit. Great products, super versatile, and the best service you can imagine.

18. falconspatriots

falconspatriots Oh Word Supporting Member

I went the Pedaltrain route because I don't have the space or proper tools to build something. That being said, here is my baby :bassist:

[​IMG]

I think I want to trade out the Oxide for a You're Doom. The Oxide and the Duality are some what similar. The Oxide colors my tone compared to the more "transparent" nature of the Duality. I also prefer the blend knob to two volume knobs. It's a hard decision but it must be done :bawl:

19. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

This board has FABULOUSLY consistent brand messaging! 12 of 14 pedals are from 3 companies (if we cheat and call 3Leaf/Darkglass one company), and the other two "pedals" aren't even pedals in the same sense.

Need Gigs likes this.
  20. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

I like how I was #4 and #12 for a quick minute! My last post had 18 pedals, 2 controllers and an expression pedal. My board is undergoing a minor overhaul with my modulation going from 3 pedals to one and a Beatbuddy coming in late March/early April (have a spot saved for it;staring at me!) I'll post a pic once my Source Audio Orbital Modulator gets here. Looking at swapping my expression pedal for a Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal for simultaneous control of the Orbital and the HOG.

21. gregmon79

Yeah, to the above comment about the XD1 being noticed when removed, you def see a difference. But I practiced with it last night and I need more time with it solo before I throw into the mix with all the rest of my pedals. It's a lot to take in for just one pedal.

I too haven't been able to find spots where I can use it in my style/playing. But given time with it, I bet I find a use for the manta. Honestly I could flip a couple pedals and replace them with the soundblox series. A couple for a few or more might work for me. I listened to some demos a while back and they didn't do much for me. But I didn't a little time looking at the second series that came out and I was a little impressed. May be something I'll be looking to for the future. I took my BF3 off my board too, got tired of the volume spikes.