Pedal Breeders' BIG Board Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I saw a thread on here for, "show me your pedal train mini" and thought, what about those of us that have the biggens. The pedal boards that have 10+ pedals you know. I have 15 on mine. When I started playing 14 years ago I had a few effects but lost them over time. The last 5 months my passion for experimentation has blossomed and I've fallen into a slight pedal addiction. My band and our music allows me experiment as much as possible so I'm running with it. And I'm lovin it! Who knows, a year from now I may be down to a mini. But for now, I'm waving my big board flag high. So who's with me?! I'll have to wait to post an updated pic of my board until later tonight when I get home. So share and show us your big board! Ideas and inspiration abound. Thanks all!

2. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    One other thing, let us know what kind of board it is, homemade, pedal train, SKB, whatever and tell us about what you have on it and how long it took you to get to where your board is at, how its powered etc. etc.... Heck, maybe even start a club here on TB. The big pedal board club. If someone thinks of a better name for it, let me know, we'll roll with it.

3. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Yup, it's a sickness!

Homemade Gorm Board on the left / Band board on the right... Looper... damn-near killed her...

4. scotch

scotch Will play bass for fish tacos. Plus cash. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I don't use all of this anymore! It was a period of 'just because' excess...

3 separate boards (the middle main board and 2 satellites). One is a Road Runner board, a Gator board and a custom built touring board powered by a combination of T-Rex, VoodooLabs, Gator G-Bus and various adapters...

Mosfed and gregmon79 like this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

My board a few months ago (PedalTrain2):

[​IMG]

gregmon79 likes this.
  7. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Not that big... but big enough that most guitards snicker at me.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

gregmon79 likes this.
  8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Psht, ten+ is big?

Mine's not so big and it's got 11 on it plus more that can't fit on until I make a new board, even then it's not so big, no sir, I ain't got no pedal problem, some of my pedals are too big, that's my problem....eyes up GR thinking of going back to MX82 to save room...

damn you all.

9. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I'll get it finished one day soon, promise.

Club name should be addiction themed and the qualifying membership should be more than you can fit on a regular pedal train. If a guitard is going to snigger at me me I want it to be justified.

How about 15 pedals? That's more like BIG, and I don't qualify, yet, but I probably should put my compressor back on and just admit my problem. I still wouldn't qualify unless I counted my tuner, help...

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Agreed. I've trimmed back to a 9 pedal board, and don't consider it BIG at all.

11. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    IMHO, for us bass players, anything 10 and over, again to me, is a big board.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1367628629.637706.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1367628744.029186.jpg

Here's mine in the studio as I type. I know some peeps talk smack cause we bass players "shouldn't need/have pedals". Whateva. I love my board and I still am not complete. I need an idiot box stutter and a demon king but all in good time. There's some I want to replace like the delay and the chorus pedal. I also want another octave pedal.

12. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    Man you guys got some sick boards! Im happy I'm not the only one hehe.

We need more name suggestions for this club. If its going to be a club anyway. I suppose if we get enough interest/feedback well see where it goes.

13. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Your board has 15 on it with room for another 5 or more if you squished, it's BIG!!!!! But as I said, that pedaltrain with 10 on it just isn't in the same league.

Look at it this way: With a tuner, EQ, compressor, octave, envelope, phaser, 1 fuzz, chorus, reverb I was just getting going with 9 pedals. I reckon you should be going BIG to get in the proposed club.

Big Cabs makes 2x15 the minimum.

Pedal Breeders' BIG Board Club anyone?

14. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
  15. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc

This is my big board as of a month or two ago. But it's already changing, so I'll have an update soon-ish

[​IMG]

16. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Ok, that's big, but it could fit a heap more. Especially if there weren't all the Hugh Jazz pedals on it.

How about "can't fit on a standard pedaltrain or inside a 2U rack case in a month of Sundays? :meh:

17. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc

I hear ya on the huge pedals, unfortunately, all fo the big ones are there because they do stuff that I haven't been able to exactly get in smaller pedals.

18. Pracey

Pracey

[​IMG]

I have a couple. I can fit another one in there somewhere . . .

19. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey scotch, what's that box that's different colors for and how do you use it and how is it hooked up into your pedals? I keep seeing that on people's boards but I'm not sure what it is. I'm still learning about board building and such. Man I want a few of those bad. That EBS valve drive and fulltone bass drive bring 2 of them. Tasty as all hell.

20. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah I know what you mean. I still consider tuners to be pedals too. I'm just wanting to start a club with the boards that most of us are showing ya know. Not like megatropolis boards, but just bigger sized boards with, like I had said, 10 or more. Bigger than a mini or junior ya know?

And I like the "pedal breeders big board club". Has a nice ring to it I think.

21. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    Delay anybody?? Haha. I like your delay style. I'm still wanting to replace my delay. Bad. The DOD is awight but I want more options. Nice stuff man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.