1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pedal Chain --> Parallel Delays --> Will this work?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bradleyviolette, Feb 2, 2013.

1. bradleyviolette

bradleyviolette

This is my pedal chain and I took a rather different approach to get a parallel delay circuit of sorts. It looks like it will work fine just wanted some input. When I get to my Marshall Vibratrem, it has mono input and stereo output; I will split to signal paths (Left = [L] and Right = [R]) and then later combine them using my T1M Micro ABY. Will this work? I will use the Marshall Echohead mostly for a tape delay setting and run the ext. tap tempo into my JHS Panther so both delays will be synced by the tap tempo stomp on the JHS Panther. For those who are wondering, I have a Fender Pawn Shop Jaguarillo (Mexican) and a Hughes and Kettner Statesman Dual 6L6 (60 Watt).

Guitar --> JHS Mod Ernie Ball VP Jr --> Polytune (Tuner out) --> Empress Compressor --> T1M Blender --> JHS Double Barrel (in blender loop) --> Empress Para EQ w. Boost --> ISP Noise Decimator --> Marshall Vibratrem (Stereo out) -->[L] JHS Panther Delay --> [R] Marshall Echohead Delay --> Strymon Blue Sky Reverb (Stereo input & output) --> T1M Micro ABY (Stereo in; mono out) --> Amp

My big question is, is this a good chain for parallel delays? Is there anything I am overlooking that could mess it up? I'd love for feedback on anything or questions on my rig.
  2. metalinthenight

metalinthenight Supporting Member

Looks like it will work fine. No major flaws. Just make sure the delays are synced up in some way (but you already knew that).
  3. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

I'm the guy that always says an active mixer is better than a passive one, so you should try to use an active mixer like an LS-2 or even a Nady MM141 or something.

That said, it shouldn't hurt anything so give it a whirl.
  4. bradleyviolette

bradleyviolette

Board space becomes an issue then haha however if I find I'm having problems with this I will probably sell the vibratrem and go for the LS2. That does add a little more wiring to the chain but I do have it buffered with the JHS moded Ernie Ball VP Jr... even still this seems "cleaner" that rigging up the two delays through the LS-2 if you know what I mean. This fits perfectly on the board as it stands and yes I have the ext. tap rigged into the JHS Panther to sync up the two delays.
  5. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

You'll also be able to remove that ABY.

Damned board space :D.
  6. bradleyviolette

bradleyviolette

The aby is tiny though its a T1M Micro aby. No Led's just two stomps, super tiny but yea, I', running a Furman SPB-8 and it's a little more square than I'd like haha Some dead space in the middle of no use.
  7. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

is there anyway i'd be able to utilize the parallel out/direct out from my BDDI duluxe or boss oc3 into the active input of my amp while the primary output with the effected signal goes into the passive input of my amp? I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of parallel chains which i haven't really experimented with. I only have one amp atm. I understand what the purpose of the parallel out/direct out is, just not if I can utilize it in the way I'm thinking. and i don't want to damage anything, though I think i'd be safe in attempting it. I'm gonna hold off though.
  8. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

That depends on whether your amp allows both the active and passive inputs to be used simultaneously. Also, there's usually some sort of pad to reduce gain on the "active" inputs, so even if they both work, you'll likely have volume issues. IMO you're better off getting an A/B-Y box or an LS-2 to combine your signals.