Pedal chain question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vade700, Jan 15, 2013.

1. vade700

vade700

Hey everyone! Here is the rig im hoping to have in a couple months time. My Sansamp BDDI, a chorus pedal, a B3k that is being used as an is an always on grit pedal and a Fission Bass Powerchord to take the spot of a rhythm guitar in my band and an additional over the top distortion/fuzz for soloing and certain parts of songs. What I want to know is how can you toggle a section of your pedal chain to turn on/off multiple pedals at once? Im sure there is a pedal that can do this. Really what I want to be able to do is to go from clean to grit (turning the b3k on and off) and then hitting this new pedal to turn on the over top distortion (this will compromise of the fuzz and a philosophers tone as well as any other pedals I decided to add to this section) sorry if this was weirderd oddly and sorry for the super long question.

PS. Can any one reccommend a good over the top distortion or fuzz pedal? As well as really any cool pedals that can add some really weird sounding effects.

2. Bassist96

Bassist96

If you want weird sounds try some synth pedals
    . Boss syb5
    . Electroharmonix micro synth
    . Sounblox do one
    . Pigtronix mothership

3. Bassist96

Bassist96

Also for a good over the top fuzz, try a mxr blowtorch

4. Crater

Crater

Sounds like what you want is a "true bypass loop pedal" which basically switches your signal to one of two paths. The Boss LS-2 is the only "name brand" version of this device, but plenty of small-shop pedal builders make one, or you could make one yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron.

The picture illustrates how it works...

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kevteop

kevteop

The LS-2 isn't true bypass but yeah it would do the job. Google 'bypass looper', it's about the cheapest build ever, true-bypass models will work unpowered too if you're not bothered about having an on/off status LED, it's really just a mechanical switch in a box.

7. vade700

vade700

Thanks for the replies. Ill probably just pick up the ls-2 because it's fairly cheap.

8. vade700

vade700

Just to make sure when using the ls2 it will blend the pedals going into it along with the ones after it when engaged correct?

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

It can only blend fx that are IN it's loop. Nothing before or after.