Pedal Hoarding Personality Disorder (PHPD)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 6, 2014.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Title says it all. Why not start a group we can put in our sigs with simply (PHPD)? It fits a lot of us and I know I am proud to have a pedal disorder. My wallet isn't but none the less, I got an addiction. And I'm gonna feed it!! When I can anyway :) so who's with me?!? Maybe we can come up with a way to show our problem..... Any ideas? Throw me out guys.

2. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    The cool thing is that if you're smart, you can get most of your money back.

3. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    I've always had a problem doing that. GAS hits and I throw a pedal up for a fair price. But then when it doesn't live I bump the price down the next day. If the pedal has been sitting for a week, it's usually anywhere from $30 to $50 cheaper than what I posted it for originally depending on what it is. I have no control over GAS. I guess it's gotten a tad better because I'm pretty happy with my board now. But I said that a couple months ago too and I probably spent over $500 since then. It's bad. But I'm sure a lot can relate.

4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

The PBBBC not enough for you? Now you got TMPD, thread megalomanic proliferation disorder?!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    Haha indeed. Doesn't look like anyone's interested. Maybe I'll just delete it. Sounded like a good idea at the time.

7. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

+1

8. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

I've had and used a few pedals over the years but I've really ramped it up over the last five or six months. I am enjoying this whole experience, but really I just want to have my board to be settled and dialed in. I really have been neglecting many of my other musical goals and obligations; piano, vox, writing, etc.

So I suppose that a group like this is perfect for someone like me, although I now have enough pedals to easily qualify for the Pedal Breeders Club...so there's that.

Anywho, I'm not looking through the classifieds as much as I was and I've been peacticing/studying more, and that pleases me a great deal. One day at a time I suppose, right?;)

Hi, my name is Michael, and I have PHPD.

9. friedtransistor

friedtransistor

Just don't leave out the second P, unless you really do have a PHD in music... :ninja:

10. crapusername

crapusername

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Definitely describes me- over 200 in my office :-/

11. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think hoarding is not just about having to buy stuff, it's even more about not wanting to give anything up. At least that's my problem; I don't want to sell anything, and I don't want to take any pedals off the board to make room for a new one ... I have a problem. :)

12. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

I'm right there with you, man. If I'm not using a pedal I'm still thinking 'Well, I'm sure that I'll want to use that sound at some point.'

13. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    I have a cabinet full of pedals I'm not using. My rational is, I may use them someday and their worth more to me than I can get for them. I just can't see trying to unload a pedal that I paid $60 for at $20 on TB. I know there's other avenues of sale but TB is easiest and smoothest. I just love pedals too much to get rid of a lot of them. Wish I would've never gotten rid of my POG :(

14. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Y'all should post lists of your total collections.

15. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, I sold a few pedals but will probably not sell a lot in the future. I sold one that I hated, that was ok, but I still regret selling my SFX modded Bad Monkey. Even though I would probably never put it back on my board, I still wish I had it.

I don't have a LOT of pedals that are not on the board, but that number is about to increase in the next few months and I don't think I will be able to part with them. The last time I was in this situation, I went from a PT-2 to a PT-Pro. I may actually just start putting the unused pedals on the PT-2 and keep it off to the side.

16. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    +1

17. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

Feel the same about my Bad Monkey, but luckily mine's just loaned to a buddy at the moment.

18. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

I have two multi-FX, one bass and one guitar, which are not on my board or in regular use. I guess this constitutes some "hoarding"...I feel like there may be a day in the future when I will want to have these all-in-one units around, even though I've got all, or nearly all, of those same effects covered with my main board.

As for my main board, I have a PT Pro nearly full. The only thing which is not on the board is an expression pedal for my Behringer BSY600, but it fits in the pocket of the PT Pro and the BSY600 is on an edge such that it can be easily connected. I am trying to not collect anything beyond what will fit on my PT Pro, although a few things are up for sale or trade to make space. I'm also thinking about rehousing my foot switches in order to get more space...