1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedal Power Y-Cable?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Turtle71, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

I've been looking at buying a couple of these Y-cables, I was looking at these a while back, but never bought them.

Looks like it allows me to use 1 output of my PP2+ to power 2 pedals, so long as both pedals don't exceed the amperage capacity of said output.

Has anyone bought from this company? Quality stuff? Better alternatives elsewhere?

http://www.stompin-ground.com/products/sgcablepp2.htm#ycable

2. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Disclosures:
    student
    maybe I'm confused but I thought the split was to draw 18 volts from the PP2 to an 18 volt pedal...

3. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    Yeah, I have a couple of those to match higher draw pedals, but this appears to be the opposite.

I've got a daisy chain that I run selected, low draw pedals off of without issue. Note: selectivity is the key aspect to avoiding introducing additional noise. No experience with the specific product in question.

4. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

I've bought the VoodooLabs ones and they've worked fine as long as they're connected to adjacent pedals. I'm using two now no probs.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Thanks!

I just went and checked those out, and placed an order.