1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pedal Power

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dudi8, Dec 14, 2013.

1. dudi8

dudi8 Supporting Member

Hi!
    whats the best brick to power 7-8 pedals? (fuel tank, voodoo lab, etc)

Thanks!
  2. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Cioks are the best power supplies I've ever used IMVHO. The DC8/10 should be fine to power most pedals, and they also have the AC line if you have any pedals that need AC. They really do have the best options for voltages and high current slots. They're a bit pricy though.
  3. dudi8

dudi8 Supporting Member

afraid to sound a little bit retarded, but whats the difference between AC/DC? :bag:
  4. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

Bon Scott and Brian Johnson of course! Really though, AC is alternating current and DC is direct current. Don't know specifics as to how this relates to pedals, or much technical stuff.

What I can say is that I got the Visual Sound 1Spot power adapter and couldn't be happier. Is it the BEST option - probably not. Is it affordable, and does it work perfectly for me? Most definitely! It powers up to 1700mA, and has plugs for various types of connectors. It only runs 9v pedals, however, which may be a problem depending on your pedals. I only use 9v pedals and have nothing but praise for the 1Spot. Some say it's noisy, and it's not isolated power for some picky pedals, but Darkglass and 3Leaf both test pedals on it, and they know what they're doing!
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Wasn't going to say it since you specifically ask for a brick, but since the cat is out of the bag I'll go +1 on the 1Spot. Given the price, performance and zero impact on pedal board space I don't feel any need to replace it with a power brick. Unless you have need for several voltages and/or isolated power outputs of course.
  6. dudi8

dudi8 Supporting Member

the 1spot is like a daisy chain right?

what about any bricks?
  7. 8strings0hair

8strings0hair Supporting Member

I like my BBE Supa Charger (can often be found new on sale for around $100). Isolated power outputs are definitely a plus to keep things quiet.

I also own a CIOKS, but word to the wise, they use proprietary cables, and their installation (underneath certain Pedaltrains) may require mods.

Is your idea to install this underneath a pedalboard?
  8. mrclavet

mrclavet Supporting Member

I have a few different voltages in my pedals and a few buddies have a Flatliner Six and they couldn't be happier. It powers... you guessed it six 9, 12, 15 or 18 volt pedals.