1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedal recommendation...

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Dan Bozek, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
    LOK, so I'm doing this kind of poppy CCM gig coming up where I'm wanting to find a really nice smooth and creamy fuzz for when I'm playing U2-ish eighth note stuff on a P-bass with my fingers. Actually, to be a little more specific, kind of where the Prunes and Custard lives, but without the envelop-y attack that pedal has (which is so cool, but not for this.) Something with a blend would probably be clutch too since I'm looking for extra character, but not a full on face-melter.

Any thoughts, anyone? I've been thinking about getting one of those Xotic blender pedals to use with a few fuzz pedals I already have combined with the already solid tone of the bass, strings, and my fingers, and maybe that's the road to go exploring some new ideas, but any new suggestions are always fun.

Peace!!

2. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Maybe "fuzz" isn't the right word too... "Character" is probably better. You know, just some additive midrange to give FOH more than a sine wave from the DI. :^)

3. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

Yeah, get an Xotic blender, that's the way to have it be relatively mellow. Maybe you could also try a Chunk Systems Brown Dog. Or one of those Tech 21 Red Ripper pedals. Or Darkglass B7K. or a Blackout Twosome.

4. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Gracias.

5. Register to disable this ad