1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pedal that Mimicks Fender 100t Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slapstick13, Jan 30, 2014.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

I know I know, if you want to get the sound of "insert amp here" , then get said amp. However I need the portability and low maintenance cost of my Walkabout(not to mention the fender is at least $1000 used). I played the Fender Bassman 100t recently and fell in love with that overdrive channel. Its exactly the overdrive sound I've been after for quite some time. I've tried lots of pedals but nothing in the vicinity of the 100t's overdrive sound. Any suggestions?Here's what I've tried and ended up selling in the past.

tech 21 vt bass
    rat tail
    Rat reissue
    Fulltone OCD and clones
    Aguilar Agro
  2. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    That's easy. Darkglass Vintage Microtubes all day long. I had a SB300 and 100T so I know the growl of you speak.
  3. svp

svp Supporting Member

I don't know, I gotta say the Tech 21 VT is the best sounding overdrive I have ever used myself.
  4. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    He's asking what pedal best emulates the 100T's OD channel.
  5. slapstick13

slapstick13

I honestly did not like the vt bass. I tried to like it I just couldn't find a setting I liked at all.
  6. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

VMT is pretty much one of the be all end all overdrives IMO.
  7. slapstick13

slapstick13

I love the demos I've heard. I think I'm gonna go with the vmt. Just waiting for one to pop up in classifieds!