1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pedal that sounds like a record player?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maniac mikej, Nov 20, 2012.

1. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

I swear I've seen one of these before, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it. Anybody with a better knowledge of pedals out there have any idea?
  2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

What do you mean? A lo-fi effect, or something that adds noise, hiss and crackles?

I've seen plugins that add the hiss and crackles, but not a pedal.
  3. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

not lofi, just adds the crackle. I think it was a red enclosure 2-knob pedal. I don't think I made this up :eyebrow:
  4. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile

Here's part of a track from my new CD - I use a Strymon Timeline for the record crackle and a Iron Ether Polytope to make the instrument wobbly. Not perfect, but close enough.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  5. AllForYourDelig

AllForYourDelig

Zvex instant lo-fi junky
  6. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

For crackle i think co-pilot makes one, i forgot the name but i think it is the white noise generator or something
  7. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

8. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

THATS IT!!! You sir, you are my hero.
  9. zuluwashere

zuluwashere

heavy electronics radio havana?
  10. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

Dude, that's pretty hot and now I want to try one too! I can't imagine it'd be something I'd regularly use, but that ONE TIME you think to yourself "Self, it'd be REALLY GREAT if I had some vinyl record sounds for this recording....OH WAIT, I DO." It'd be totally worth the price. :bassist: Lol

It's 3:17am and if my roommate's toilet hadn't flooded upstairs (into the basement making enough noise to wake me up), I wouldn't have been awake and trolling Talkbass to see your post. Karma? Lol

Thanks for posting!!!

5sg.
  11. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Now that is just too cool!!
  12. ntenny

ntenny

Maybe I'm not very bright, but how do you actually *buy* these pedals? As far as I could tell there are no prices listed, no dealers, no "buy direct" mechanism, not even a hint to say "contact us for pricing" or whatever. Is this one of those "knock on the third unmarked door and tell them Joey sent you" operations?

-NT
  13. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    email him. he has a form and his email on the contact page of his website.