1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Pedal that sounds like a record player?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maniac mikej, Nov 20, 2012.

1. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

Oct 28, 2010
    Mayfield, PA
    I swear I've seen one of these before, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it. Anybody with a better knowledge of pedals out there have any idea?

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    What do you mean? A lo-fi effect, or something that adds noise, hiss and crackles?

I've seen plugins that add the hiss and crackles, but not a pedal.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

Oct 28, 2010
    Mayfield, PA
    not lofi, just adds the crackle. I think it was a red enclosure 2-knob pedal. I don't think I made this up :eyebrow:

5. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile

Here's part of a track from my new CD - I use a Strymon Timeline for the record crackle and a Iron Ether Polytope to make the instrument wobbly. Not perfect, but close enough.

Lasted edited by : Apr 16, 2014
  6. AllForYourDelig

AllForYourDelig

Sep 25, 2012
  7. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    For crackle i think co-pilot makes one, i forgot the name but i think it is the white noise generator or something

8. maniac mikej

maniac mikej

Oct 28, 2010
    Mayfield, PA
    THATS IT!!! You sir, you are my hero.

9. zuluwashere

zuluwashere

Apr 12, 2010
    heavy electronics radio havana?

10. Dude, that's pretty hot and now I want to try one too! I can't imagine it'd be something I'd regularly use, but that ONE TIME you think to yourself "Self, it'd be REALLY GREAT if I had some vinyl record sounds for this recording....OH WAIT, I DO." It'd be totally worth the price. :bassist: Lol

It's 3:17am and if my roommate's toilet hadn't flooded upstairs (into the basement making enough noise to wake me up), I wouldn't have been awake and trolling Talkbass to see your post. Karma? Lol

Thanks for posting!!!

5sg.

11. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Now that is just too cool!!

12. Maybe I'm not very bright, but how do you actually *buy* these pedals? As far as I could tell there are no prices listed, no dealers, no "buy direct" mechanism, not even a hint to say "contact us for pricing" or whatever. Is this one of those "knock on the third unmarked door and tell them Joey sent you" operations?

-NT

13. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    email him. he has a form and his email on the contact page of his website.