1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedal tuner that I HIGHLY recommend, great price, SNARK SN-10 $35

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by RhynoRock, Jan 13, 2013.

1. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

I can't shut up about this tuner. This particular storefront advertising on Amazon.com has them for $35 with free shipping. I currently own and use this and I adore it. Nice heavy duty metal chassis like any other quality pedal, has AC power in AND out, so you can daisychain it to another pedal, and a big thumbscrew for easy opening on the bottom for a 9 volt. Chromatic, which rules for low tunings, true bypass, mutes in tuning mode, and a nice big display. Only thing I can't speak about is durability just yet, since I've only had it a couple weeks and haven't gigged with it yet. Another amazon storefront has a small kit for $39.99, containing a patch cable, power adapter and I think a pack of picks.

Musicians Friend & GC sell em for $60 as do most other places.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KLR3QA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

2. corba

corba

I love my snark sn-1 and sn-2 (about $10ea) big advantage of those is they can tune without being plugged in (or with volume off), and inexpensive.

3. Kazoo_Legend

Kazoo_Legend Supporting Member

+1. Tuning has evolved, and expensive tuners are ridiculous. The Snark's fantastic display, power out and true bypass make it the best tuner on the market, and not even for just the price. It would stand on it's own in the same fashion as the Korg pitch black and TC Polytune, if not better IMO. It's good to see a company call BS on the pricier tuners.

4. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

I actually prefer headstock tuners. But for my EUB this is MUCH better. thanks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

Me personally, I prefer the pedal. I've had way too may clip on tuners fly off in the middle of rockin out live and getting stuck playing the embarrassing tuning song. Plus its handy as hell with the mute option when I switch instruments.

But I can attest to the toughness of the Snark pedal tuner now. Played a gig friday that the people were so rowdy, they knocked over one of the PA speakers and probably 3 or 4 people tripped and stomped all over my Snark lol and it held up like a rock.

7. oldrocker

oldrocker

How's the display in bright sunlight? I like my Korg Pitchblack but it's useless in bright sinlight?

8. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

I haven't tried that yet, but it's fully visible under bright stage lights, I can say that much.

9. kenstee

kenstee

Try the Korg Pitchjack that fits into the Output Jack of your bass! Just got one for $5 shipped from MF during a Facebook promo.

10. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

I actually had one of those, I hated it lol. Having to unplug your cable to tune sucks live. Returned it after a weekend.

11. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

Speaking of Snarks flying off while rockin out too hard... I love all of them that I have, but my new favorite is that Planet Waves NS-MINI headstock tuner. Much smaller and less-noticeable than the Snark, plus you can easily read it in bright sunlight still. I only have one, but plan on getting more just to leave one on each instrument. Unobtrusive and around the same price as the Snark clip on.

12. kenstee

kenstee

+1! It's da bomb alright! Make sure to get the newer version of it at all possible.....with new tuning software for faster response and improved accuracy. The screen is now reversible to allow mounting in front or behind the headstock. The LCD screen is now 3-Color making it even easier to tune in the dark. The screen turns Yellow when almost in tune now!

BTW, great deal.. now $22.50 for two (until March) at http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Pl...tock-Tuner-TWIN-PACK--NEW-VERSION_p_1328.html +$4 or so shipping.Discount shows on last page before checkout.

13. truecanadian04

truecanadian04

Peterson tuners are the best. Some features are. • 100% True Bypass Tuning
    • Guaranteed 0.1 Cent Note Detection And Display Resolution Over The Entire Tuning Range
    • Large, High-Contrast Display Is Easily Visible In Direct Sunlight
    • Sweetened Tuning™ Presets For Many Instruments
    • Buzz Feiten Tuning System ® Support
    • Fully Programmable Via USB From A PC Or Mac With Quick Access Favorites
    • Drop Tuning/Capo Tuning Auto-Transposition
    • Onboard, Professional Active DI (Mutable) With User-Selectable 3-Stage Attenuation
    • Heavy Duty, Die-Cast Chassis With 3PDT Stomp Switch