Pedalboard illumination pictures, please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Dec 26, 2013.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    How about a thread showing off lighted pedal boards - lights over, under, inside ... LED lights, swan necks lamps ... let's see your solutions.
  2. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Supporting Member

My band played a show with this other band in which the guitar player had a giant, clear/frosted plastic pedalboard with flashing/alternating colored LED lights inside.

It looked crazy. He said his friend custom made it. I'm going to try and dig up the picture my guitar player took of it.
  3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Great thread idea !
    :hyper:
  4. Flymo Wang

Flymo Wang

OK, here's mine... under-board lighting from http://www.oznium.com, the website says 12v but they work fine on a 9v power supply, and plug straight into a standard BOSS style power supply :)

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Well, my pedalboard lighting provides no functional use, it's purely cosmetic...I think it looks cool. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now my rack lighting just had to match my pedalboard :D, plus it does give the necessary lighting for "on the fly" amp adjustments on a dark stage...and it looks cool :D

[​IMG]
  7. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Well, being cool is a function in itself :)
  8. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

One question on LEDs, do any chance it cause white noise to be amplified? Just curious
  9. Turtle71

I was concerned about that as well, however I can say (in my case), I have experienced zero noise from these LED strips.
  10. Flymo Wang

Flymo Wang

same here, no noise issues at all with my setup
  11. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I too was initially worried about potential noise/hum but I've yet to have any issues.
    fretlessfuzz2112 and joconnorwi like this.
  12. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would really like to do something like this. Keep on posting guys! I need some ideas. My board is sold so the light would either have to go on the top or bottom, not sure which way to go yet. Hopefully I'll see something here that will give me some ideas. Thanks for starting the thread Fret
  13. FretNoMore

Media:
    Albums:
    Just something I'm playing with ... I found these LED strips in a car parts store, I think they are intended for
    lighting the foot wells inside the car. Spec'ed for 12V but works with 9V as well.

I can place an LED strip under the front edge of the upper tier of my pedal board but I have no solution for
    how to light the upper tier. Maybe a swan neck lamp for music stands will prove to be only workable solution
    in the end, but I'll give it some more thought.

I think this could be good for a dark stage; not that we play in pitch darkness but sometimes the stage is quite
    dimly lit except for spotlights shining into the eyes, so it gets a bit dark around the feet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. chicago_mike

chicago_mike Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    You should only be concerned with noise if you use EL strips for lighting. They use a transformer and could possibly add noise into your chain if you run it off the same power supply as your pedals.
  15. FretNoMore

Media:
    Albums:
    That's really nice, I just may have to copy that. :)
  16. phatbass30

phatbass30

Disclosures:
    Groove is in the heart!!!
  17. Turtle71

Mine were for auto use as well, and I find they are plenty bright running on 9V.

I just can't get past how awesome this board is! So clean and functional...I need to figure out a 2 tier board like this.

Nice work man!! :bassist:
  18. Turtle71

Thanks! Copy away! I get a lot of comments about those lights when I gig, I really do love that GK head, but not being back lit or anything makes it a real PITA trying to adjust anything on a dark stage. :scowl:

And those LED's are just SO much cooler than a flashlight :D
  19. Turtle71

Cool lighting! I dig the green, and that In/out jack mod on the front is sweet!!
  20. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Possibly a stupid question. But wouldn't underboard lighting potentially make the pedals harder to see on a dark stage. I'm thinking along the lines of backlighting in photography making the subject in front dark and hard to see.
  21. FretNoMore

Media:
    Albums:
    I would tend to agree with you on that, which is why I'm more interested in lighting the switches and knobs from above. Nothing against cool effect lighting, though that's not for me.