1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedalboard makes???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bennitto8282, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Bennitto8282

Bennitto8282

Title says it really.

What are your trusted pedalboards?

2. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I like my SKB PS45. I mostly bought it because it comes in a hardcase and has built in power.

3. cv115505

cv115505

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses | Hanson Guitars | Augustas Guitars | Paul & Mills Amplification
    I'd check out Pedalwing... they are owned by Lavacable and they're a great company... Also consider just building you own... a lot of companies (Pedalwing excluded) price gouge these things when, in reality, it is just a board with a powerstrip nailed to it imho (of course)

4. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

Slab of MDF + velcro + spray adhesive: customizable and ridiculously cheap. Need more room? Build a bigger one, you're only out $15. I own a PS45 which is great but too heavy for me to lug around when it's stuffed full of pedals. The power/loop section of the board adds a bunch of weight. A 24x16" piece of MDF weighs about a pound or two... the SKB weighs 25lb.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassbrad

bassbrad

I was always a DIY pedal board kind of guy but i have one of the Furman pedal board cases I use for touring and for local gigs I am using a LYT F16. These days if it don't fit on the LYT F16 it stays home.

The Furman SPB-8C is bullet proof, has wheels and is fast to set up with a built in power conditioner and patch bay but I don't think they are made any longer.

7. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I've been benching rhinos to make sure I'm fit for gig loading.

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
  9. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

If I start building boards they'll just keep getting bigger and bigger costing me $$$ in pedals. My PedalTrain keeps me limited to the (mostly) useful pedals.

10. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

There can be only one.

IWNBARMPB.

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I've owned Furman, Gator, and SKB boards, but the four PedalTrain boards I have now are the keepers.

12. Rob22315

Rob22315

+1 I built one from a cheap shelf I got from IKEA. The slats are wide enough apart to run the patch cables between them. I covered the top of each slat with cork shelf liner and hold the pedals down with cable ties. The power supply is mounted underneath.

13. Crater

Crater

I have a PedalTrain pedalboard and it's a great product, strong, lightweight, "pro quality" all the way. I paid about $120 for the one with a hardcase.

14. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    +1.

I enjoy making my own. And I save money doing so. Its cool to make a board to your own specifications as well. I think that the pedal trains and SKB boards are pretty sweet too though. There are those makers too who make those really sick decked out boards all jazzed up with all the neat inputs and stuff. I dont think Id ever spend the money on them though, 3 to $500 for a board is nuts. While nice, its nuts. I spend enough on the pedals to fill the board, Im good with spending about 30 to $40 making my own.

15. MikeWfromNJ

MikeWfromNJ Supporting Member

Pedaltrain here as well; the hard case that was available for mine was nothing more than an unpadded box with an inexpensive (flimsy) hardware so I opted for soft carrying case as well.

Matched with a Voodoo Iso5, it's all I need (not counting the MoogerFooger power supply).

As somebody else said, lightweight, strong, professional.

Loaded with pedals it's still not light (mostly to do with pedals). Have been toying with getting a custom made case w/wheels and a luggage style handle but have not yet pulled the trigger.

16. Montanamike

Montanamike Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: Atkinson Music, Inc.
    Check out Atkinson pedal boards. Aluminum, modular and made in the USA. Sure I own the company but I'm a player first and I figured out what worked for me. We started 6 months ago and just started our 2nd production run.

I make my board larger an smaller on a regular basis and never have to buy a differt board. Love it.

17. spiritcrusher96

spiritcrusher96

I'm thinking of doing a DIY board in a few weeks, what do you use to carry your pedals in when they're not on the board? Also what's the loop section of the board you're talking about?

18. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Pedaltrain all the way for me too.

19. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

20. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

I don't carry pedals when they're not on the board... what do you mean? I have stacks of loose pedals strewn about my house but if they're not on the board, they're not going to the gig.

I have a hard case the size of a Stingray hardcase but deeper that I put my board, cables, stands, tubes, tools, etc. in for a gig. The lid pops off and functions as a pedal board but I don't use that... I just use the case as a case.

The PS45 has a breakout box for all of the cables as well as power connectors similar to a Dunlop DC Brick. It's huge and heavy. As I stated before... it adds around 20 pounds to the board.

21. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

Pedal Pad...best pedal board I've had in 40+ years.