Pedalboard must haves

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Leenibs, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Leenibs

Jan 27, 2013
    Hey talkbass community im putting together a pedalboard and so far my chain is bass -> mxr m87 > boss super octave > mxr blowtorch > digitech chorus factory cf7 (not so happy with atm) into a sansamp bass driver as my pre-amp which splits my signal to my amp / foh. And suggestions on where to go? I feel my board is a little lack-luster and I'm not content. Any suggestions on what would improve my sound or any pedals that are deemed a must have? I was thinking about adding an eq to have more control but I don't know how it would affect the eq on the other pedals being used.

Any advice?
  2. What kind of music do you like?
  3. I have a boss geb7 eq and I just boost the mids to get a Justin chancellor kind if tone
  4. You should also add a overdrive,fuzz, or distortion to that chain along with a delay or flange . Maybe a envelope filter or an auto wah
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Leenibs

Jan 27, 2013
    Yeah... My post wasn't very specific was it? I play alot of rock but I guess what I had in mind was more of specific examples of pedals that really stand out on pedal boards that I could include in my chain or replace existing pedals. Reasonably priced or not too hard to come by.
  7. Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    The best pedal purchase Ive made in a while was the 6 band MXR eq I bought a couple of weeks ago. It has allowed me to switch from my normal tone(heavy bass and mids, and flat highs) to a second tone(flat bass,and boosted mids and highs) in an instant. It comes in very handy when we play fast songs,no more getting that boomy mushy bass tone. I blend in very well now. Also it has brought some of my pedals to life. I run it at the end of my chain so I can get two different tones out of all my pedals without knob twiddlin on stage. Id say and EQ is definately an pedal to have in your arsenal.