1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pedalboard Order?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Karnivool_305, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Karnivool_305

Karnivool_305

Alright, so over the course of a few months i picked up a multitude of pedals and have been enjoying them for almost a year now.

My current set-up is:

Schecter Custom 5
    >Dunlop Volume Pedal
    |Tuner out > Korg Pitchblack Tuner
    >Boss GEB-7 EQ
    >Boss LMB-3 Compressor
    >Boss LS-2 Line Selector
    LINE 1
    |>Soundblox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion
    |LINE 2
    ||>EHX Micro POG
    ||>Ibanez TS9B Tubescreamer
    ||>Zvex Woolly Mammoth
    ||>Tech 21 XXL Bass
    >MXR Smartgate
    >Xotic Xblender
    |EFX LOOP
    |>Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter
    |>Tech 21 Boost Bass Chorus
    |>Boss BF-3 Flanger
    |>Boss DD-7 Delay

I'll work out how to put an image up soon, but i was wondering what you guys would recommend for the ordering?
    It sounds fine to me, but there is room for improvement Im sure.
    Just looking for an opinion. :)
  2. Karnivool_305

Karnivool_305

Here's the latest pic of my set-up on a board i made with my Dad. c:

Attached Files:

3. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Don't wanna de-rail your topic or anything but is your schecter active? If so how does the mammoth respond with it. I have always been interested in the wooly mammoth but heard it's not very "active friendly"
  4. GlassOnion

GlassOnion Bologna and cheese Gold Supporting Member

Yeah I second the sorry for derailing movement. The Mammoth is grumpy. It sounds great with passive but does not play well with 9v or 18v. Totally distorts the fuzz in a vey unpleasant way. I sold mine due to 18v Modulus being my main choice like 97.87% of the time. It sat on my shelf for months thinking I would eventually switch full time to passive Fenders. Never moved out of my carbon fiber addiction so the mammoth was passed on to a TB member.
  5. Musicman1901

Thanks for the info. For some reason I have been obsessed with a mammoth pedal. Probably because I know it wont work for me so I crave it thinking it will be better than whatever fuzz I have hahaha. Thanks again. I apologize for stealing your thread. Bump so somebody can help this guy with his crazy board!
  6. GlassOnion

GlassOnion Bologna and cheese Gold Supporting Member

Fuzz gas is a nasty monster. I have literally been thru thousands of dollars on the search for my fuzz. My board is fuzz and OD heavy. Just the way I roll I guess.
    Check out:
    Sanford and sonny Bluebeard
    Fuzzrocious grey stache
    Malekko b:assmaster

These are my favorite fuzz boxes. Each unique, but in my opinion the GS has most reach and versatility.
  7. Musicman1901

Hahaha the Sonny Bluebeard and the Grey Stache are the ones i've come down to. I just posted a thread comparing them today. Can't decide what I like better. If you have any input on either pedal I would love to hear it. Post it on my thread though and we'll leave this poor guys thread alone lol. And I know how it feels to be a fuzz junkie. Sadly with all this trouble and research this is going to be my secondary fuzz that I run with my pitchfactor. My main fuzz is a colorsound tonebender.