Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by subhomoy mitra, Mar 16, 2013.

1. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

My setup includes a Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe, Boss GEB 7 and a Crybaby 95Q wah. And power these through a Godlyke Powerall. All I want is a decent pedalboard that will hold the pedals together and not move the pedals all over the place, when I am on my way to the gigs. One more problem is, the crybaby is a spring wah so it never stays down. Help me get a solution.

2. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

Pedaltrain has a few options. If your a DIYer, some ply wood and screws can go a long way.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Kinda crappy pics, but as you can see, I had a 105Q that I had to take into consideration when I built this board. Probably $25 total invested in it. Just make sure when you build the lid you leave 4" of clearance for the wah.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

Depends how much you're willing to spend really. Pedal Train are good but IMO outrageously overpriced for what they are, but I made my own board from some wood and then bought a small flight case for it to sit in. Total cost of about £50 and 30 minutes work.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

How is the roadrunner all in one pedalboard and gig bag?

7. subhomoy mitra

subhomoy mitra

Is the base of the board solid? If I carry the entire thing on my back as a back-pack, when carrying it around, will all the pedals be all over the place?

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    SKB makes a pretty good powered board, no power supply required. It only holds up to 8 pedals but it works great. I have one myself but am going to upsize soon. I'd use this thing forever if I wanted to keep it under 8 pedals though. I think it only cost me about $80 to $100. Well well worth it. Velcro hold the pedals on. And tightly too. I will post a pic in a little bit.

9. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1365100981.816554.jpg

This is a very rough looking "sketch" of my board. I've since made it look much better and anchored all the pedals securely. There a power strip on the top of the board to power your pedals. It comes with all the cords you need.