1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pedaltrain MINIs United Again!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fivestringgecko, Oct 18, 2012.

1. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

The first Pedaltrain Mini thread reached it's limit, so here's Part II. Pedaltrain Mini FTW.

Here's my current setup, but working out plans to get an Aguilar Octamizer. I also think the Fuzzrociuos is about to come off so I can get my B3K back on board. Ha! Get it? "On Board!" lol

(yeah, yeah, I know... cheese factor 9... lol)

5sg.

[​IMG]

2. Andy Will

Andy Will

I'm in!

image-3633133859.jpg

Still need to place my new Diago Micropower9 underneath, then am ready to go again!

3. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Is there room underneath to put a powerstrip and one-spot?
    I'm thinking of modularizing my current setup (essentially splitting my board in 1/2). I'm using a PT Jr. and I like the fact that I can mount a power strip under the board.

4. fivestringgecko

Something I very much like about my PT1 as well, the powerstrip underneath.

Unfortunately, no dice on the Mini. The feet on the bottom (on my older version anyway) give you about .5" of clearance. However, I've seen people mod them by actually cutting out a chunk of the board itself to fit stuff underneath........

5sg.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Andy Will

Andy Will

Depending what you need to power, try to go for a Diago, Gig-rig or similar so you don't need a power strip as I'm pretty sure you can't fit the strip underneath.

7. ttasselm

ttasselm Supporting Member

Love this...my cup of tea.

8. socialleper

socialleper

How to you make that adapter work with the 18v requirement of the Tone Hammer?

9. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Gold Supporting Member

Like a lot of companies they have an 18v adapter. They have a good list of compatible pedals.

10. alainkills

alainkills

here's my mini on process. yes it is tight and still waiting for a couple of pedals :cool:

Attached Files:

11. aledeville

aledeville

Wow, this is... full... Great choice of pedals!

12. fivestringgecko

I'm assuming one of the pedals you're waiting for is a Source Audio? :D;)

If you can keep all those on there with cabling, I will bow down to you sir!

5sg.

13. DieterVDW

DieterVDW

Yeah I'm also pretty curious how you're going to connect these without losing space. I will bow with him ^ .

14. Down_Low

Down_Low

Here's mine. I posted it in the last thread but I feel it got lost in the last pages.

Planning on replacing the Micro Synth with possibly a Mastotron. Thinking if I put it on there sideways it will give me a little more room, possibly for a boost pedal.

[​IMG]

15. alainkills

alainkills

thank you sir. :)

hahaha that might be another story sir, but hey i'll try my best to dress it that way, still waiting a couple of micro pedals and i'm done. :smug:

i might loose some space in wiring,cabling,etc. or remove some pedal in that board. me as well is pretty curious as you are. but yeah.. who knows? :bag:

16. fivestringgecko

Maybe it's different for you guys, but I've always found that when (re)arranging my board, it usually just... comes together. I have a general idea of what I want, but I usually don't have to put much brainpower into it and I've never had to struggle to make it work. The current iteration of both my boards came together pretty easily and I'm quite happy with the result. Maybe I'm just lucky I guess.

Good luck with that Alain, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out! And darnit, just when I stop thinking about the Thumpinator, someone posts a board with one. Lol

5sg.

17. alainkills

alainkills

sounds like you figured out something, Lucky for you sir, it might look complicated with the number of pedals i place on it and it might turn uneasy for me to use them in such position but they all seems have a place in that board and i'm happy with it, nothing more, nothing less this is all the pedals i need in my current band and the force of tetris is strong within me. anyway i'll keep you posted sir! :)

18. pipFunk

pipFunk

5sg - that's a really nice set-up. What are you using to connect them so neatly? Cheers - P

19. fivestringgecko

Thanks Pip! The guitarist at my church (who bought my old Pedaltrain Pro) joked with me that I was able to squeeze 6 pedals on a board built for three... I got him back by saying I was amazed he was able to fit 6 pedals on a board built for 20... Lol

I was thinking about shelling out for Lava Cables, but then remembered I had a Planet Waves cable kit that I hadn't previously used. They're a little bigger than the Lava connectors, but the PW kit sure still looks nice. Super neat and tidy, I made a few 2" cables that go nicely with the top jacks.

5sg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Tslicebass

Tslicebass

Disclosures:
    CB Basses. BassMusicianMagazine.com
    Here's mine
    Been rocking this same setup for about 2 years
    [​IMG]

21. fivestringgecko

Nice! Have you ever compared that MB Synth to any others? I've been entertaining thoughts of the Boss SYB-5, but still want to explore what else is out there.

5sg.