Pedaltrain Nano/Mini Mod – Adjustable Feet

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Testing123, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation Supporting Member

I just stumbled on an interesting thread over on The Gear Page about replacing the feet of a Pedaltrain Mini (or Nano) with adjustable feet to allow ample room for mounting a power supply underneath. The thread shows in pics what and how it was done. The original poster also shows how he ended up modifying the Pedaltrain’s rails as well as adding metal support straps to hold a power supply (in this case, a T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.).

Quite a project for a Nano/Mini (at least if I were doing it).

Since mounting a power supply under a Nano/Mini has become so popular, I wonder why PedalTrain hasn’t changed the designs of these two pedal boards to better allow for this. They did so with their PT Junior, right?

Here are the links in case you’re interested:

Part I; http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1240974

Part 2: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1249528

BTW- I am in no way affiliated with The Gear Page or the original poster of the above mentioned thread.

Regards,
    Allen
  2. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this! I was about to mod my nano with some different feet, but I'll be looking into this...it looks much nicer.
  3. Testing123

Yes, the guy did a great job with the mod as well as giving all the details on the thread.
    Glad it'll help you. :)
  4. el murdoque

el murdoque

super nice!
    I'll consider that mod for the future.
  5. Ricky Caboverde

Well after checking out the parts and actually seeing the dimensions, I've concluded that it might be an overkill for my needs. The mod would lift a Nano more than 1.25" from the floor which is a bit high for such a small thing...I only needed it to be raised ~17mm to fit a Cioks Big John. I did however order some of the nifty jack rivet nuts! Instead of the swivel feet, I'll use some 16mm rubber feet I bought off Ebay and machine screws from a local hardware store. This will definitely be much more stable than the simple sheet screws I was going to use previously to seeing this thread. I'll post pics when I'm done. Thanks again for posting this :)
  6. Testing123

I kinda figured it wouldn't work for everyone. Looks like it would raise the board too high for me as well, hence my question about Pedaltrain upgrading their design to raise the height of the Nano & Mini a bit.

Looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts!

Regards,
    Allen
  7. ckhalleran

ckhalleran

I drilled out the rivets, used sheet metal screws and some 1" dia x 1" tall feet (with internal metal washer). Drilled out rivet heads still rattle around when you tip the Nano.

Mounted the power supply with 3M Scotch heavy duty velcro. The diamond bass comp has an 18v cable with two daisy chained straight connectors, (needed to stack 4 pieces to get plugs to clear the frame... so 4 pieces on one edge and 4 pieces on the other ).

With the 1" tall feet, it doesn't fit the Nano bag... have it in Gator bag but has room for cords too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Ricky Caboverde

"With the 1" tall feet, it doesn't fit the Nano bag..."

Exactly why I chose to go a different route than the TGP post. I have a Mono Tick and would like to be able to carry my Nano in that. I doubt 1-1.25 feet would allow it to fit :-/
  9. Testing123

Does the raised height (1" tall feet) effect the stability of the Nano at all? What I mean is, does it tilt or tip when you press a pedal switch?

I was thinking that maybe one of the reasons Pedaltrain hasn’t altered their Nano/Mini’s for height is that the stability might be compromised.
  10. ckhalleran

ckhalleran

I mainly have the nano sitting on my Walkabout Scout for a church band... but just tried it on the floor and I could not make it tip or tilt when clicking buttons, or by stepping on edge of a pedal.
  11. Testing123

Good to know, ckhalleran. Thanks for the info!

Regards,
    Allen
  12. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty Supporting Member

I bought the Pedal Train Jr precisely because it could fit a Fuel Tank Chameleon on the bottom without issue. Plus I swap out a Moog and Mutron envelope filter so I needed something a little bigger. Still very compact and awesome.
  13. Ricky Caboverde

Finally got around to doing it! :) I ordered the Jack Rivet Nuts used in the TGP post (smaller ones) and the rest of the items used I sourced from Lowe's, Home Depot, and Ebay. Didn't take too long and came out great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]