PEDULLA PENTABUZZ- acclimate question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benchpress11782, Mar 27, 2014.

1. benchpress11782

benchpress11782

Hello. Quick question for yah. I bought a pentabuzz from Chicago ,temp is like 40-50 degrees. Shipped to me on Long Island NY temp 30-40+. Seller says for me to let it get acclimated about 4-6 hrs. Since temps are pretty similar, how long should I really wait? Thank you for your help.
    Soooo excited to get my new bass, you have no idea :)

2. benchpress11782

benchpress11782

Oops left this out. Seller says to leave bass in its case without opening of course. You can imagine how hard that will be for me, lol. Thanks TB

3. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

there are mixed thoughts on this-shouldn't make a difference with that slight change in temp.
    BTW-u will love this bass; I luv mine

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

You need to remember the bass is coming to you, it is not teleporting from one climate to the other.

If the bass is nitro finish I usually bring the box indoors, let it sit for 20ish minutes. I then unbox it, let the case sit out of the box for 5ish minutes. Crack the case, but do not open it, and let it sit for another 30ish minutes. Then open an enjoy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. benchpress11782

benchpress11782

You guys are the best. Thanks a lot. Mailed out today. Gonna be a loooong 4 or 5 days boy. Here's pic. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395964595.664641.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395964595.664641.jpg

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Nice. Was that the "like-new" one on Ebay for $2800? I would love to try a pentabuzz one day. I am a big-time coated fretless guy.

8. benchpress11782

benchpress11782

Yea it is. Didn't really want to spend that much but it is in good as new condition and apparently this is a good instrument, lol. There is another one on eBay.

9. Marial

Marial Pooped Gold Supporting Member

What year is it?

Regardless, very nice! You're going to love it, I certainly love mine. :)

10. benchpress11782

benchpress11782

11. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

I never heard of such a thing...just take it out and play it yo!
    However...in 2002 I bought a GWB-1 bass from Gary Willis. At the time Gary lived in Santa Fe, NM, and I lived in La Jolla, CA.
    So when he shipped it to me it went from the desert to the beach...dry to wet so to speak...anyways, I was out of town and couldn't play it for a few days...and when i went to play it....the neck had shifted so the strings were literally sitting on the fingerboard! can u say buzz buzz. All I had to do was adjust the truss rod an it played great...TMI maybe....take ur bass out and see how it plays yo!!
    www.basslessonslosangeles.com

P.s I loved my Pedulla, I even went out to Mike's shop to get the fingerboard refinished- great guy, great basses!!

12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

It's a solid body bass. There should be no reason
    to let it acclimate.
    Take it out of the case and hug it .

13. DiabolusInMusic

With nitro finishes you don't want to just whip open a cold case, the finish can craze. That is why you crack the case and let it fill with room temperature air. This is not an issue with poly. I can imagine this is not an issue in sunny California.

14. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I once had the poly finish on a Music Man crack badly after bringing in from a cold, low humidity environment to a warm, high humidity environment without letting the bass acclimatize.

To the OP, I'd err on the safe side and just wait a few hours before taking the bass out of its case. Then you don't have to worry.