Pep Band

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Unspoken511, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Unspoken511

Unspoken511

What are some good songs to play at my pep band game? Something upbeat to get the crowd going, and preferrably something recognizeable.

2. RS66LB

RS66LB

Some of the following songs are known while others aren't however they would all seem to work in a pep band, of course they'd have to be arranged accordingly not to mention shortened, sped up etc. nonetheless they're simple and pretty catchy

'Vehicle' (Ides of march) 'Day of the Eagle' (Robin Trower) 'Hard Road -wring that neck' (Deep Purple) 'Let the music play' (Shannon) 'Livin' la vida loca' (Ricky Martin) 'Out of love again' (Van Halen) 'Rat Salad' (Black Sabbath) 'Round up' (Sam Spence) 'Salsation' (Saturday night fever soundtrack) 'Swlabr' (Cream) 'Tequila' (The Champs) 'Van Dis' (Wishbone Ash) 'You really got me' (Van Halen version) 'Zoot suit riot' (Charlotte swing band)

Anyway, that's a few -I'm sure you're going to get a bunch of great ideas from others here. Good luck and have a great day.

3. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Police - "Don't Stand So Close To Me". Great for basketball games.

4. mmiller259

mmiller259

We also used to play"The Stripper" and "land of a 1,000 Dances" always big hits with the crowd.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BenBL

BenBL

Theme to rocky and if you can get your hands on an arangement of LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem it will go over quite nicely, just remember to teach the sax section to shuffle and it will go over great