1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Peter Elias Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Rob W, Nov 9, 2000.

1. I've mentioned a few times to some of you the maker of my double bass, Peter Elias, and that I highly recommend his instruments. I've noticed that this month's (November) Strad magazine has done a big article on him, so if you are ineterested, check it out.

There is a short excerpt of the article on the Strad website. Follow this link:

http://www.doublebassist.com/strnov00ext2.htm

I'm curious to hear if anybody else on this board has any experience with his instruments. They are very popular in the Toronto area and there are quite a few pros around here that play an Elias as their main instrument.

2. Clint

Clint

Nov 16, 2001
    I have an Elias solid body electric bass. I am currently searching for more information on my bass... There seems to be nothing on the web about his basses. The serial number on my bass is 081. I would like to contact Peter and ask about the history. Anyone with any info on contacting him would be awesome! Please email me at info@neuronitrate.com

Also, I love this bass, it is my baby and I would NEVER part with it.

Clint

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Hi Rob !

Do you know what his basses are selling for
    on the secondhand market ?
    How much does he charge these days ?

Kind regards from Stockholm Sweden
    Christian :)

5. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Does anyone have current contact information for Peter Elias?

Thanks

Louis

6. Kirk Bryant

Kirk Bryant

Aug 23, 2004
    Aloha, Oregon
    the Zombies are BACK !!!!!!!!!!! on the bright...hope he's still building and well!

7. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Hi Louis,

Now that I think of it, SMR Double Basses in Evanston, IL had an Elias 5 string in the shop that might be for sale. This goes back a year or more. If interested you might contact Steve Reinfranck.

8. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks. I know Stephen. I'll get in touch.
    Louis