1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peter Gunn Vs. Pink Cadillac

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Joaquin, May 29, 2008.

1. Joaquin

Joaquin

How close is the bassline for Pink Cadillac and Peter Gunn?
  2. snake

snake

I've had this debate with my guitar players who think it is like Peter Gunn. I rhythm is the same, but the notes are different.
  3. warnergt

warnergt

Technically, it's not the bassline. It's the guitar in Peter Gunn. The real bassline in Peter Gunn is actually kind of uninteresting in my opinion; the guitar is everything.

I listened to a few versions of Pink Cadillac. I find most to be different. The Aretha Franklin version has similar sections but is overall different. The Natalie Cole version isn't even close. However, I think the Bruce Springsteen version is extremely similar. As you probably know, Bruce Springsteen wrote Pink Cadillac.

Call up Henry Mancini. I think we have a lawsuit. ;)
  4. warnergt

warnergt

5. warnergt

warnergt

6. spook396

spook396

Thing I like about Springteen, he has no problem with "getting close" to his likes and influences in his writing.
    No one could ever say he's not capable of writing great original material.