1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peter Steele's live setup

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Sartori, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Sartori

Sartori

I'm not trying to cop his sound, but I'm curious to know what's in his live rig, including his bass (which appears to be some sort of custom instrument with a Ric style body, though I'd like to know more).
  2. megadan

megadan

3. Sartori

Sartori

4. megadan

megadan

Looks like it does,

That's the best info I can see anywhere, really. Googling might reveal more.
  5. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

the ric shape bass, its a custom made fernandes bass with sustainer system, he also plays a Washburn M-10 with a MM style Pickup.
    For FX he uses mainly a Boss CH-1 and A boss DS-1 and another bass flanger.
    i forgot what kinf os amp he uses, i know his rig consist of a preamp, powerr amp, compressor and who know what else..
    oh and 4 4x10 Pavey Cabs
  6. Sartori

Sartori

That information really isn't very specific and tells me little about the bass itself. You keep assuming I haven't looked on here. I have and found the information insufficient to sate my curiosity.
  7. 55pbass

55pbass

I grew up down the block from, and played at Ace London studios where Type O rehearsed in Brooklyn. I'd still go there without my band, when my buddy Mike was working the desk and listen to Type O rehearse from outside the room. I remember Pete used these massive cabinets with 18" speakers and speaker horns on top. They played so f 'ing loud and Pete never sang while they practiced. Oh good times.
  8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Took this from some other forums

BTW not a fan, just bored on a Friday night :p so I know nothing more than this
  9. neptoon

neptoon

he's still using a washburn m10 bass live. he still records with his old '83 alembic spoiler. that is straight from johnny kelly. in the rack next to him he's got peavey max preamps and peavey poweramps. lately he's been using 3 810 (or 812) cabinets. on youtube he had a newer green fernandes. not sure which model. that ric-looking fernandes with the custom shape, i'm not sure has seen the light of day for years.
  10. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Malekko Heavy Industry
    I'm intrigued by the concept of a Green Fernandes...is there a link?
  11. neptoon

neptoon

i'll try to find it when i get home...i think it's one of the rock AM vids...do a search on there for type o live rock am
  12. anechoic

anechoic

Isn't this the bass, which, as a part of its regular maintenance, gets a fresh coat of black and green Krylon before each tour?
  13. neptoon

neptoon

no, that's the washburn m10...which also gets red for the carnivore gigs...the fernandes is a bright green, sort of like the guitar that kenny has been playing since dead again came out...i totally forgot to look for that youtube vid last night
  14. neptoon

neptoon

here it is...i'm sure everyone with a search function has found it already though
  15. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

Kinda late but here's a good pic of Pete with the green Fernandes

[​IMG]
  16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Stumbled upon this thread while looking for info on Pete's basses. I wonder if the bass the OP is asking about is Peter's Alembic Spoiler? The only bass I didn't see mentioned in this thread...
  17. neptoon

neptoon

possibly, but the spoiler hasn't been used live in a super long time...from what i understand, though, the spoiler is the only bass he used to record with
  18. thombo

thombo

19. Sartori

Sartori

I was originally talking about the bass visible in this video. But thanks, all.
  20. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Pete was an aqauintence of mine, he told me that the Fernandes Sustainer was the key to his sound. It really sounded awsome.
    He had a very self depricating sense of humor, he could always crack me up.
    He could be a right bastard too! In that Rock and Roll kind of way.
    Sustainer