1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Phil Jones Bass

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Deaky, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Deaky

Deaky

Hi all

I'm just wondering if there is any love for the PJB gear. I have the Flightcase and The PB300 and the sound is really amazing.

Be great to see pics of your PJB rig too.

Peace

Deaky
  2. Deaky

Deaky

Anyone?
  3. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict Supporting Member

There's some love here for PJB (there is a PJB owner's thread), but users seem few & far between. I'm guessing this is mainly due to the relatively high cost, & the lack of stores that carry them.
    I love my PJB rig - an M-500 head, driving 8-T and 16-B cabs. Best rig I've ever played through.
    Shakes the stage, and has way more clarity and punch than my old SVT rig....:bassist:

[​IMG]
  4. Deaky

Deaky

That rig looks fantastic. Looks like it could shake the room!
  5. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother. Supporting Member

PJB is about 45 minutes from me!
  6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1379259655.387899.jpg

Happy to share
  7. Tim1

Tim1

I am currently considering either a PJB Flightcase or Markbass Minimark 2x6 for some small two piece gigs. Has anyone played both?
  8. bassictraining

bassictraining

I have the D-200 and a 6b cabinet that I found on craigslist recently and I do have LOVE for the pjb. Clean sound, lightweight and surprisingly loud. I think it just allows you to shine without "coloration" of the sound. Errrr whatever. I dig it.
  9. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I have:

2x Super Flightcase
    2x PB-300
    2x Briefcase

I guess that makes me a fan.
  10. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Previously rollerberg2000 Gold Supporting Member

11. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
  12. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

I played both. I liked Minimark more, the only deal stopper was that piezo tweeter that Markbass stuff their cabs and combos with. It gives some noticeable hiss that however can be reduced by inbuild VLF filter. Other than that Mini is superb, both build quality and tone. And it is much louder than Flightcase. Hope this helps)
  13. 58deluxe8

58deluxe8

I only have experience with the Double Four and was disappointed with it compared to the hype (particularly on this forum). I also found their customer service to be very poor. Of course YMMV
  14. MasterMonkeyMan

MasterMonkeyMan Supporting Member

MMDV!!! I found them to be extremely helpful. I had a strange noise coming out of my Double Four. They had me return it, sent me a new one. Easy, friendly, efficient.