1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Phil Jones LS 1800

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Largedon, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Largedon

Largedon

Anyone have any experiences using one of the Phil Jones LS1800 systems. The vocalist/trumpeter I'm currently working with has a Bose L1 but was looking to trade in for a newer model from Bose. An engineer friend of mine was raving about the Phil Jones LS1800 system and I suggested it to the singer/band leader as an alternative. Seems the LS1800 has more power, but I haven't seen or heard this system in person. The Bose system sounds good, but something that can handle a little bigger room would be great. This system would be used for everything from acoustic jazz to electronica/dub to full band soul/funk/fusion type stuff.

Plus Phil Jones is located here in town, so that's definately a plus if we have any problems.

Here's a link to the Phil Jones system.
    http://www.philjonespuresound.com/PJWeb11_LS1800.aspx
  2. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Yikes! MSRP of $9995 changed my interest very quickly.
  3. Largedon

Largedon

Yeah its definately not cheap:(
  4. MrBEAR

MrBEAR

I E-mailed Phil Jones Pure Sound quesioning if that was for a stereo, left and right system, or one side. To date no response, pleases share, since they are in your town, if you know what is included with a purchase.

Most of the, Big Boys sound providers, are interested in the new Renkus-Heinz steerable system.

Cheers,

Mr. BEAR
  5. gearhunter420

gearhunter420

Does anyone have any experience using Phil Jones LS-1800 or LS-1200. I seriously thought of buying one of the systems but could not find enough people who have used LS1800 or LS1200, and couldn't justify the cost. Has anyone heard of a used system for sale?
  6. mihayloff

mihayloff

I would imagine 2 would be necessary in order to achieve a balanced sound. They are made ideally to be used with the PJ's D-4000 stereo power amp which is 2000 watts per side. These speakers are rated at 1800 each.