1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Photobucket's new applet is gone from bad to worse

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzyitalian, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lawyer & Hobbist Bass Maker
    Guys-

I have a MacBook and use Safari as my browser. But ever since Photobucket updated it's website, it would appear that things have gone from bad to worse.

In particular its the frozen pop up window that happens when you are trying to email a photo gallery or when you are trying to delete photos. The pop up screen is many times frozen. It keeps me from clicking "send" or when the system asks me if I "really want to delete this photo" I can't get the "yes" button to work.

So all sits there with nothing. I have to close out of Photobucket and reopen it. Again nothing works.

It's too much trouble for me. So I'm going to leave them. That said, would someone please chime back and let me know what photo storage service you're using. Just those guys that don't use photobucket please.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Get Chrome, keep using photobucket.

lowsound

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

I have similar frustrating issues with photobucket when I use IE....when I use chrome or firefox it works fine.....

4. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
    Thanks guys...

I'll try chrome

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I didnt know people were still using photobucket. Most of the pic links I see go to imgur.

7. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I am still using photobucket because my pictures are already on there. If I were to start over I wouldn't use them anymore.

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I dont really host photos online, and havent used photbucket in a long while.
    I wonder how easy/difficult they make it to migrate pictures from one site to another?

9. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Never heard of imgur, I have Chrome and Photobucket works ok for me. The ads are really annoying though, had to mute my laptop while on there recently

10. hover

hover Banned

I'm the dinosaur still using Flickr. Because it plays nice with imbedding / Facebook....and free.

11. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Flickr is an awesome service, fast and a ton of storage for all your high res photos. I use photobucket because that is what I started with. I back everything up to Dropbox, but have considered making Flickr where I back up too because they give you 1tb of storage.

For whoever was complaining about ads, Adblock is your friend.

lowsound

12. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
  13. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I use Safari to download Chrome, then never use it again.

lowsound

14. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:

And so will I...Guys I just completed the chrome option. I first upgraded Mac OS to 10.6.3 and from there downloaded Chrome. Photobucket improved by 90% (still a couple of small problems, but nothing to be overly concerned). I can also process online orders on Directv and a couple of other sites that were not working well with Safari.

Thanks All!