Piano driven "Art Rock"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by peddles, Jan 31, 2014.

1. peddles

peddles

2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Just listened to the first track over my crummy computer speakers. I'll listen to the rest tonight over better speakers then headphones.
    I love this stuff! Quite Prog & artistic. The style of the vocals really fits the music. Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is ELP, but you guys have some seriously creative music on your hands! Cool band name & cover art. Obviously a great deal of thought went into this project. I love to hear good originals done with an interesting vibe. Like I said, I'll listen to the rest tonight.... Great job!
  3. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz

The bass is plenty high in the mix! Were you using a P bass per chance on By the Conductor's Wishes? For this sort of music I would probably use less mids and focus on a really beefy fundamental... piano is a tricky beast to 'get on with' tonally. I feel that I can hear too much of the bass's own character, whereas I feel the music is pushing me to listen to the piano in the main.

Interesting music. A bit screamo, a bit Muse, a bit emo, a bit punk, a bit cabaret, a bit pop... the piano is an interesting choice, but quite refreshing. I was expecting something like Roxy Music.
  4. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Yeah man, very well done. Love the style, vibe and imagery. Nice recordings. Congrats on some way cool and interesting music.

5. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

Man, I used to play in a Piano/bass/drums pop/rock trio. It was my favorite combo ever.
  6. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

I dig it, friend!
  7. peddles

peddles

Thanks, It was a p-bass! I've been trying to work on my tone and usually live I have a slight overdrive to help but i'll try less mids!

Thanks all for kind words everyone <3:bassist:
  8. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Solid stuff, man!
    It sits in a place with me with The Dear Hunter (if you know them). Sounds great!
  9. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

I think your bass sits in the mix perfectly! Nice tone too btw! Great sounding EP keep up the good work!
  10. peddles

peddles