Piano teachers beware. The feds are onto you.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vcell, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Vcell

Vcell

2. matante

matante

I agree its silly but the author's complaining about Obama and claiming that "this administration" abuses power, cheapens the article. When was the last time an American administration didn't abuse its power?

Why don't the Music Teachers simply ignore the FTC if its true that the FTC has no authority over them?

3. aborgman

aborgman Supporting Member

Ummm... the same Gibson Guitar that was guilty, and admitted to it?

4. Vcell

Vcell

I was wondering the same thing myself.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

The Feds are destroying capitalism. You want the skills to play they Music the people that know it gives a Price or wants something in return. Really thats all I have so I will leave and not come back....

7. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
  9. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave

so...in contrast to what aborgman said...they deny wrongdoing and continue to deny it....and they settled the case, essentially, so big brother would not drive them out of business....

and what's this about the government confiscating Indian hardwood that they had...is Indian hardwood legal or not? (seems to be legal, since the gov't is now returning it...)

the gov't just came in and took all their wood and they gave in because they had to....especially since the gov't confiscated legal wood too....although it remains unclear if ANY of the wood they had was ILLEGAL....

and somehow this disproves something in aborgman's mind...well, all i can say is...i hope the gov't doesn't decide to come down on him the same way (and for the same reasons)....if they can do this to a completely law-abiding company like Gibson, they can and will do it to anybody

[​IMG]

ps-edit- so when you combine this with the subject of this thread, i again postulate that we are at the beginnings of 1984...and i say again, i am glad that i'm old enough that i will probably not be here to see what it comes to in its full flower

10. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I was just providing info in a form that wasn't a YouTube video. Don't shoot the messenger. ;)

11. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

Obviously you've never had a bureaucrat backed by the power of the federal government develop a hard on for you. Just because they have no legal authority doesn't mean they can't cause you considerable harm.

12. aborgman

aborgman Supporting Member

Nope.

That is corporate PR.

I suggest folks read the actual non-prosecution agreement.

http://www.corporatecrimereporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gibson.pdf