1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Piccolo bass pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MagiZosoBasses, Feb 17, 2013.

1. MagiZosoBasses

MagiZosoBasses

Disclosures:
    Jonathan Shrader, Luthier, MagiZoso Custom Basses
    I'm converting a Squier P-Bass into a piccolo and I'm worried that the old pickups won't sound great (of course) but I don't know what pickups would run the best for a piccolo bass.
    On my P-Bass I have a jazz pickup and a precision pickup.
  2. BassLife77

BassLife77

I kept the same P/J pickups when I converted mine. I play it through a tube preamp to make it sound fuller and add zing.
  3. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

The thing you might want to change is the tone control capacitor. If you've a .047 uF one now, try a .033/0.022 uF one instead for more highs.