Pick Guard Color for Blizzard Pearl

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aeroprof, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Aeroprof

Nov 27, 2008
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Got myself a new MIA Blizzard Pearl P Bass. Love it.......well, except for the white pick guard.

What are your thoughts on the color for a new pick guard? Tort is *the* choice for Oly White ;). What about Tort for Blizzard White? Other color?

Post pictures if you've got 'em!
  2. Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Enough said !
  3. yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    This is my Jazz in Olympic White with Pearl & Tort

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I picked up a Blizzard Pearl Jazz a year or two ago and had the same dilemma as you. I got a Tort guard for it, but after awhile, I put the white one back on. I actually think the white looks better with the BP. Normally, I don't like white p/g's, but they look good on the BP's. I also like white on the Vintage White's (which is a yellowed color. Here is the BP with the tort and the white.

I also think a white pearloid would look good.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    you can troll for opinions my friend but if you go to www.greasygroove.com you will be blown away
  7. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Chester, Pa.,USA
    This may not be the popular opinion, but I HATE tort PG's. I personally would go for a black one.
  8. EagleMoon

Jul 13, 2007
    Wexford, PA
    I had a jazz in that color and I put one of the black abalone pickguards on it. Looked the best by far. I did a lot of photoshopping to figure out colors and it looked the best to me.

9. Aeroprof

Nov 27, 2008
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Very nice, EagleMoon!
  10. EagleMoon

Jul 13, 2007
    Wexford, PA
    Thanks! It looked even better in person. Tort, to me, makes the bass take on a brownish cast which I didn't like...since the bass kind of changes color depending on the lighting.
  11. I would go with black.
  12. what about a black pearloid
  13. m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    now that is very nice indeed ;)
  14. White. Or black.
  15. ooh - that's cool! I was going to say tort or black, but this gets my vote. I typically go traditional . . . but this is cool!
  16. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

That abalone is very fine. Do you recall from where you purchased that p/g?
  17. SharkUSMC

Nov 2, 2009
    Festus, Mo
  18. EagleMoon

Jul 13, 2007
    Wexford, PA
    Yep, WD Music was where I got it. You can order on Ebay or from them directly. It was an exact fit.
  19. Aeroprof

Nov 27, 2008
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Any more pix out there?
  20. +1.

Just a personal preference. Nothing against you tort fans out there, but I've never really liked the look. I'd go for black or black pearl if it was my bass; the white pickguard looks pretty neat on the Blizzard Pearl body, though.
  21. I don't have Blizzard Pearl but I do have an older Inca Silver

Black pearl guard:

and gloss black: