Pickguard for 2008 jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stuntbass77, Dec 5, 2013.

1. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

Who sells a tight fitting pickguard for the 2008 and up fender jazz bas? I should mention that I am routing it for a p pickup and will need a custom pickguard for this application. I ask because fender (seems to me anyway) to slightly change the neck pocket size. Maybe it's just poor machining and quality control, or just me. Fyi, I love fender so I am in no way trying to slam them.

2. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

Anyone, anyone.......?

3. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

4. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

I was thinking about "wd" but wanted to know from someone else if it would fit the newer jazz basses. Warmoth is great and I built several basses with there necks and bodies. Warmoth is a bit pricy. All jazz basses are not equal as fender does change things slightly from time to time.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Do you have a template? If so, just trace it and send it to them...That's what I did.

7. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I'm planning on doing something much, if not exactly, like this. Specifically, I've got a Mighty Mite Jazz body [DEL]stuck in Backorder Limbo[/DEL] on it's way which I plan on turning into a P/J configuration. ('cuz I dig 'em!) To do this, I'll be using a pickguard from a genuine Fender Blacktop Jazz bass as the guide. This way I don't have to spend a lot of extra time and money doing all the measuring/lining-up, making a template, sending it off and hoping it's a perfect fit. I can hand both the bass and the guard off to my local guitar tech so he can use it to re-route a space for a Precision pickup.

Violá! No fuss…no muss!! ;)