1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pickguard for 57 Precision bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PigsHaveFlown, Jan 15, 2014.

1. PigsHaveFlown

PigsHaveFlown

Hey talkbass,

So I have a 57 P bass reissue in vintage sunburst and while I dig the gold pickguard, I wanna mix it up and put a tortoise pickguard on there instead (blasphemy! I know). Anyone know what, if any pickguards will fit, or am I gonna have to get one made? Will any other 10 hole pickguard fit?

Thanks in advance,
  2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

I had a CS P made with '57 PUPs and a tort guard (see avatar), they documented it as a '59 NOS. Not sure that that answers your question, but it's a starting point. I know the gold pguard off of my Roadworn P also fits on it.
  3. Tooned

Tooned

WD Music sells replacement pick guards for 10 hole precisions. I also am thinking of a tort guard for my 57 2TB. Other people on TB have said their pgs are good, FWIW.
  4. Tooned

Tooned

5. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

guitarpartsonline.com
    nothin but good things to say about this site
  6. PigsHaveFlown

PigsHaveFlown

Thumper, thats a fine looking instrument indeed.

The wdmusic ones look good but they're a little pricey, are they actual fender products?
    I like the price of the guitarpartsonline ones, but it doesn't specify that its for the 50s p basses so I'm not sure it would fit.

Thanks for the help all