1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pickguards without a pickup rout

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by El_Duderino, Feb 1, 2013.

1. El_Duderino

El_Duderino

I'm in the process of upgrading my Fender (Mexican) Standard Jazz V with a set of Bill Lawrence P/J pickups (P46 and J45). Since the P pickup won't exactly fit in the existing pickup rout of the factory pickguard, I'm looking to buy a new one, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are.

I guess my first preference would be an actual Fender pickguard, but I haven't been able to find any without a pickup rout. Do they sell these?

My backup to that, I think, is Warmoth, but I haven't seen any options on their site to specify that you want a pickguard without a pickup rout. Anyone know if they can/will do this?

Any other options you'd recommend? I know there are some boutique options (which I'd kinda prefer to go with since I'm looking at a tort pickguard), but since this project is already costing more than the wife would like, I need to control cost.

Thanks for the help!
  2. Gabeja15

Gabeja15 Supporting Member

Warmoth.

If you select pickguards from the top bar and then click jazz it will bring you to a page where you can select materials and pickup routes. One of the pickup choices is "none"