Pickguards without a pickup rout

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by El_Duderino, Feb 1, 2013.

1. El_Duderino

El_Duderino

I'm in the process of upgrading my Fender (Mexican) Standard Jazz V with a set of Bill Lawrence P/J pickups (P46 and J45). Since the P pickup won't exactly fit in the existing pickup rout of the factory pickguard, I'm looking to buy a new one, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are.

I guess my first preference would be an actual Fender pickguard, but I haven't been able to find any without a pickup rout. Do they sell these?

My backup to that, I think, is Warmoth, but I haven't seen any options on their site to specify that you want a pickguard without a pickup rout. Anyone know if they can/will do this?

Any other options you'd recommend? I know there are some boutique options (which I'd kinda prefer to go with since I'm looking at a tort pickguard), but since this project is already costing more than the wife would like, I need to control cost.

Thanks for the help!

2. Gabeja15

Gabeja15

Warmoth.

If you select pickguards from the top bar and then click jazz it will bring you to a page where you can select materials and pickup routes. One of the pickup choices is "none"