1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pickup, or other suggestions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by zionstrat, Dec 13, 2013.

1. zionstrat

zionstrat

Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum and have a relatively simple question-

I have had a cheap Rogue 6 string for years and love it for what it does-I spend a lot of time up the neck and treat it almost like a barritone classical guitar at times.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/rogue-lx406-pro-6-string-bass

It does a great job at everything, except bottom end- even my 5 strign j bass has significantly more bottom-

I'm downsizing and would like to end up with one bass and I would like this to be the one, so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas? My guess is that if it doesn't really have the ability to support low fundamentals, maybe it never will-

I'm also worried that if I get too extreme with the bottom, it might mess with the mids and highs-

So I was also thinking the following-

1. Couldn't hurt to try raising the bass side of the pups?
    2. Go to heavier strings
    3. See if anyone makes a pup that would make a significant difference?

Of course I could go to bass that is known for more bottom and I've played a few Ibanez's that had more low end, but they just didn't feel as 'smooth' on the higher stuff.

From an economic POV, it would also probably make sense, so I'm open to ideas.

Much appreciated!
    Z