1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pickup Selector switch wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Nighttrain1127, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

I have a Fender P-Bass Plus(p/j configuration just to clarify) And the selector was not hooked up when I got it (used). So Now i am wondering what wires go where . There are 5 blades on he switch two on top and 3 on the bottom . it is a right angle pick guard mount switch. I am thinking the + for the right and left go to the two outside bottom blades and the center one goes to the Vol Pot. But the top two do the grounds attache there and if so do they just get soldered on and run to the pots . Not really sure about any of this.

Thanks for your help.
  2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Is this the large bulky switch with multiple leaves? If so, it's wired exactly like the same switch in. Gibson guitar (it the switch used in an ES-335 or an SG). A picture of your switch would help

John
  3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

The switch you are talking about is the one i have Can't get pictures small enough to load on here.
  4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member