pickup wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tmdazed, Mar 8, 2014.

1. tmdazed

tmdazed

Hey all , i have an Ibanez Gr200 (yeah I know cheapie, but I am making something completely different out of it, pics to follow) and I want to get the fart(Phat) eq out of it, I am putting a set of seymour duncan Quarter pounders into it and need a digram on how to wire with the EQ taken out of the mix . can anyone help me out here, I guess in my roundabout way , I am asking how to wire this passive with the crappy active eq out of the mix
  2. AlarmClock314

AlarmClock314 Supporting Member

It looks like that bass has a PJ setup with 4 pre-drilled pot holes to use.

How would you like it setup passively? Do you want a VVT, VBT, or some other setup, maybe with a toggle switch or two? Do you want something straightforward and easy to dial-in or something with doodads and more tonal variety? What kind of sounds do you want to get from this bass?
  3. tmdazed

tmdazed

just a basic straight forward PJ, the 4th hole will just be dummied up with the old pre amp , out of curcuit
  4. CM63

CM63

I just picked up one of these as a back up, and am wondering if this indeed considered "active" I know the Phat knob is, but If I were to cut out the 9v connector and tied their leads together would it then be fully passive?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. line6man

line6man

That is not how you bypass preamps. You would need to remove the preamp from the circuit and connect what used to go to the preamp input directly to what used to go to the preamp output.