1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pickups for modern player jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jonners98, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jonners98

jonners98

I own a 2011 fender modern player jazz bass and im considering swapping out the pickups (as well as the bridge and tuners) but have no clue which will be best. Which pickups will require the least possible body alteration on the bass, preferably humbuckers. Thanks :)
  2. soulman969

soulman969

Bill Lawrence/Wilde J45s are what I play. Noise free and they should drop right in for you.

http://www.wildepickups.com/Bass_Pickups.html

J-45

The J-45 set offers Bill's multi-pole piece system for 4 string, 5 and some narrow 6 string Jazz Bass instruments. His airgap noisefree design for the jazz bass replacement comes standard with pole pieces at a slight stagger to accommodate most neck radius. Flush pole pieces are available per request which may require additional wait time.

Price: $64 ea.

Dimensions:

Neck: Bridge:
    Width: 0.73" Width: 0.73"
    Length: 3.55" Length: 3.71"
    Depth: 0.83" Depth: 0.83"

Inductance:
    3.4H - Neck
    5.0H Lead
  3. FonkBass

FonkBass

I have a set of Dimarzio Ultra Jazz for sale if your interested. They are 3 months old. Lots of bottom lots of top scooped mid, no noise! What type of sound you after...
  4. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Supporting Member

These are real sleeper basses. Thought about modding one, myself. Wound up getting more depth/signal from a Sadowsky pedal pre/DI. Maybe the real key would be to try to shield her better and have a scalable outboard option for all of your passive basses?