Pickups similar to these?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by newyorkiddo, Apr 6, 2014.

1. newyorkiddo

newyorkiddo I'm actually a cat. Supporting Member

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=390477112781
    I'm currently working on a jazzmaster inspired bass, and I needed pickups that look similar to the ones on a jazzmaster. My first choice was the Fender American Deluxe Precision Humbuckers, but I missed my chance to get them for $40, which is half the price. I do not know the quality of Wilkinson, so I was wondering if any of you knew of any pickups shaped similar to these, or the Am Deluxe humbuckers. I would prefer for the pole pieces to be exposed.

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

Wilkinsons are generally considered quality pickups.

3. darthplagis

darthplagis

wilkinson make some sweet pickups. i have a P5 in one of my basses and a tele set in one of my teles.

tele sounds amazing. and the P5 is more towards the neck than your standard P (its a 24 fretter too so looks even closer :)) so has more thump but certainly has the P bass tone.

could you not spray the case with white and stencil the poles in silver paint.... just try for non conductive paint so it does not mess with the pickup. TBH from a distance stenciling out the poles so they are black when you spray it white should look the part.... just remember to pop a clear coat on or the paint will chip easy.

4. Dogghouse

Dogghouse

Disclosures:
    Bass Guy @ Seymour Duncan
    Those don't look similiar to ones on a Jazzmaster tho....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. darthplagis

darthplagis

the shape is jazzmaster esque in that they are a large soap bar....

personally i'd go for big/super singles....... for that look ;) maybe painted cases on those too