1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RiilinP, Jan 30, 2014.

1. RiilinP

RiilinP

I own a Squier Bronco Bass. I know its a bottom of the barrel bass but I want to mod it. I've done some research and found two pickups I possibly want to put on, but cant choose between them. I either want to use a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail or a Seymour Duncan Lipstick. I was wondering of any of you guys know what kind of sound would get by using either one of these, and which do you think is better.
    Thanks a bunch =):bassist:
  2. Dogghouse

Dogghouse

Disclosures:
    Bass Guy @ Seymour Duncan
    Hot Rail would be big and phatt with lots of output. But a neck Hot Rail would tone it down a bit in output. A Lipstick would be brassy and less output than either Hot Rail. It could have a bit of 60 cycle hum too. Seymour Duncan Custom Shop could make a real Bronco pickup. They could also rewind that one to a different voicing.