Piezo and a Kahler 2410

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shushi_boi, Jan 27, 2014.

1. shushi_boi

shushi_boi

Hello everybody :)

I wanted to know whether one can get a Piezo 'realistic' pickkup in a Kahler 2410. If that's not possible, can the Kahler 2410 be modified so that it can have a Piezo pickup installed to it or to make it into a Piezo loaded bridge? (I don't mind getting down and gritty with mechanical issue)

the thing is that I have a heavily modified p/j bass (with the T-4 which is a 76 analog pickup tones from AweSome-Guitars.com)

What I wanted to do with this bass is add a sort of precision and jazz (an adjusting switch which easily converts from 60's - 70's jazz pickup, single coil) mix into it with also the sounds you get from a double bass. I've always been a fan of K&K pickups where their located at the bridge and I wanted to add a pickup right at the bridge of this bass so that it can have the various tones you get from Jazz, Precision and a double bass (did I forget to mention that it also has a novatone switchboard which allows my board to switch from fretted to frettless) ;)

Thanks for taking the time of reading my post and I hope to hear back any suggestion as to what I should do :bassist:

Cheers :hyper:

2. shushi_boi

shushi_boi

3. Atomic Al

Atomic Al

Media:
    I have a Kahler on my bass but can't really offer you any advice other than ask the fine folk at the Bass Tremolo Fanatics forum.
    Way more knowledgeable then I!

http://basstremfanatics.forumotion.net/

Good luck with this project! Sounds really interesting.