1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Piezo and a Kahler 2410

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shushi_boi, Jan 27, 2014.

1. shushi_boi

shushi_boi

Hello everybody :)

I wanted to know whether one can get a Piezo 'realistic' pickkup in a Kahler 2410. If that's not possible, can the Kahler 2410 be modified so that it can have a Piezo pickup installed to it or to make it into a Piezo loaded bridge? (I don't mind getting down and gritty with mechanical issue)

the thing is that I have a heavily modified p/j bass (with the T-4 which is a 76 analog pickup tones from AweSome-Guitars.com)

What I wanted to do with this bass is add a sort of precision and jazz (an adjusting switch which easily converts from 60's - 70's jazz pickup, single coil) mix into it with also the sounds you get from a double bass. I've always been a fan of K&K pickups where their located at the bridge and I wanted to add a pickup right at the bridge of this bass so that it can have the various tones you get from Jazz, Precision and a double bass (did I forget to mention that it also has a novatone switchboard which allows my board to switch from fretted to frettless) ;)

Thanks for taking the time of reading my post and I hope to hear back any suggestion as to what I should do :bassist:

Cheers :hyper:
  2. shushi_boi

shushi_boi

3. Atomic Al

Atomic Al

I have a Kahler on my bass but can't really offer you any advice other than ask the fine folk at the Bass Tremolo Fanatics forum.
    Way more knowledgeable then I!

http://basstremfanatics.forumotion.net/

Good luck with this project! Sounds really interesting.