1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pignose B100V (B100VH) tube amp head & MM RH-115 w/4 Faital 15PR400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kurosawa, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurosawa

kurosawa Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

OK this is yet another installment of my ongoing divorce survival sale. All my bass gear is up for grabs to pay for a lawyer. This latest hobby of hers caused me to go bankrupt and sell everything else first, but the kids want to live with me and not her, so I'm not holding anything back.

100 tube watts into an efficient cab with bottom is all I ever needed for a working bar & party rig. If you live in the Virginia Tidewater area, come play 'em and if you like (I think you will) pick 'em both up for $475 (I'm tired of packing and shipping and I ran out of materials).

The head was designed by Dennis Kager, formerly of Ampeg. Bassists have compared it to the 65-lb V4-B and "a B-25 on steroids." I've had both; it'll stand up to that. At 24 lb, it's the lightest 100w tube head I've owned. Your back will thank you.

Has original Chinese tubes. They're competent. But since they use the 12AX7 and 6L6GC and subs and variants of those, plus the amp's self-biasing, it's a tube roller's dream. I've got 4 ancient GE 6L6GC tubes for sale if interested. Amp has 4 and 8 ohm speaker jacks and an effects loop on the back.

Amp looks like it sat in a closet its whole life, except for a little round chip in the Tolex that I need to glue down. Some guys scrape off the oddly-colored silver and blue Pignose logo on the front grill. Some take off both grills to show off the glowing tubes. This is stock, you can do that stuff if you want.

Cab is a 4 ohm Faital Pro 15PR400 (data sheet) mounted in a Music Man 115RH bass cab. Speaker has 4 hours playing on it, also was broken in with a 25 Hz sine wave for 12 hours.

I replaced the cloth with new cloth. The Tolex is shrinking. I bought a small tube of black rubber to paint over the small strips of exposed wood so it would bind to the wood and the edges of the Tolex. It's around here somewhere.

A lot of people who downloaded a speaker design program figure they're smarter than Leo, who used seat-of-the-pants engineering to design things. But he tried tons of designs and years of listening and building experience. This cab just plain sounds great to me.

This is the only 15" cab I've found that I can squeak into my Cobalt's trunk, and I have to take the liner out of the trunk to get it in. I really like the sound, very old school, very meaty. It's the best 115 I've owned.

I found out the silicone seal I used to mount the driver in the box is very grabby so I don't want to pry it out. You can do that if you want. I can't think of a decent reason why. This speaker and box belong together.

Attached Files:

2. christw

christw Always searching for the right Ric... Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
  3. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Phone pic of cab & schematic of amp.

Attached Files:

4. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Half of the Pignose manual.

Attached Files:

5. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

The other half (the half with actual info, such as it is).

Attached Files:

6. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Nice preamp ya got there christw.
  7. christw

christw Always searching for the right Ric... Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Thanks! It's about the only bargaining chip I've got. I always wanted one of those Pignose but seldom find the right opportunity! That said, if you're interested, I'd be happy to talk about trading it. :)
  8. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I'll have to stick to my resolve to sell everything off. Dead broke, only one shot at this, and the kids are counting on me to pull off the custody thing.
  9. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

10. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

PM sent ... diggin' it !!

:cool:
  11. retrosynth

retrosynth Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    223   0   0

12. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

TEMPORARY PRICE DROP: In trouble, rig price $400 and haul it away yourself.
  13. dieseldan

dieseldan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

14. kurosawa

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

*** SOLD ***
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.