1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pignose Hog 30 Rough Sound

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by skypn, Aug 1, 2013.

1. skypn

skypn

I have a Hog 30, and now it sounds like the speaker cone is ripped, although there is no damage, and all fasteners are tight. If I turn down all EQ knobs, it lessens quite a bit. A friend said I may have "excited" the magnet, although I am sure I don't know what that means. Have any other Hog owners experienced this? If so, what is the fix? I'm not afraid to replace the speaker, although I would like to know the best replacement.
    TIA
  2. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    You didn't "excite" the magnet.

Check the easy stuff first....cords/cables, battery in bass. Clean all the pots and jacks. If it has an effects loop, try patching a cord from the "in" to the "out". Gently press on the speaker cone a few times with your hand and listen for any scraping, scratchy sounds (with the amp shut off).
  3. tabdog

tabdog

Check around the cone and make
    sure it has not come unglued from
    the frame. If it has, just glue it back,

Tabdog
  4. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Although not ripped, sounds like cone creasing from over-excursion