Pino Palladino Tension tour!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mikaelbass, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Mikaelbass

Mikaelbass

Right,

So I am a huge NIN fan to begin with, so naturally I was expecting the usual epic light show and great performance from the band, but boy did I get a whole lot more!!!

Check out Pino laying down ruthless basslines to some of the old tracks usually played on a synth.....
    Fretless bass with octave for dirty synth lines...
    Not to mention the excellent back up singers

...And the crazy light show. Worth the watch for all lover of NIN or Pino, and if you are not into either, still a good watch.

Cheers!
    Hope you all enjoy some fine bass playing

2. jd_watt

jd_watt

Great show, Great band, great player. Saw them in Detroit this year. The new lineup is solid!

3. winterburn69

winterburn69

Already watched it twice. I'll definitely be buying the physical release.

Amazing show. Had a chance to get tickets to the Calgary show but didn't. Really regretting not going now. Pino did amazing things for this band, Pino with the Stingray was what I was hoping for when the musicians were announced for Hesitation Marks, and I was quite disappointed there was none, the tour however, definitely made up for it.

Technically this is already an old lineup, the lineup has been announced for the 2014 tour is just Reznor, Finck, Rubin and Cortini. Hopefully there's some changes though.

4. BobaMosfett

BobaMosfett

Ah, so if I were to go see NIN in the Netherlands in may, I wouldn't see Pino?

I guess I'll just buy the DVD then! ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mikaelbass

Mikaelbass

I sure do hope Pino stays on for the australian tour......

He kicks dicks in NIN

7. wmheilma

wmheilma

8. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Pino holds it down for sure. When i was younger i thought playing repetitious lines was easy and boring, as i got older and played in situations where i had to dial back my ego and be super solid, not stray the slightest bit from a revolving bassline i realized that its an artform. We all know what Pino is capable of, this show is a prime example of how he can dial it back and hold it down, its a lot harder than it sounds...

As for the show, the lights were amazing and they played great but if you really like NIN check out the 94' Woodstock performance, the energy is amazing and this show is pale in comparison.

Thanks for sharing.

9. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

One of my friends at work is a die-hard NINny and when I started gushing about Pino (one of my favorite bassists), he was like, "Eh. I dunno, he wasn't that great when I saw them. He kinda messed up "Sanctified."

I just. I don't know, my friends are cool people, but I just kinda gaped at him for a few minutes after that statement.

10. winterburn69

winterburn69

I agree about Sanctified. Don't really like it, although it sounds a lot better with fretless than how Josh Eustis was playing it for the festivals with a fretted P. It's one of my favourite songs on PHM, it hasn't been played in quite some time, and now Trent goes and changes the arrangement :/

OTOH, good for Trent for keeping the music fresh.