1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

pino palladino

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevinp, Nov 23, 2013.

1. kevinp

kevinp

Hi there,just wondering if anyone has tried or owns a Pino PBass and if so are they worth the extra money. Ive wanted to buy a vintage bass for a while now, but am always worried that i'll end up with a bad one. I figured being a custom shop bass The Pino Palladino would be a good choice. Any feedback would be appreciated, regards Kevin
  2. azzyrazzy

azzyrazzy

Kevin, do a search, and find everyone raving about it.
  3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Very expensive, but I've yet to hear anything but glowing reviews from owners. I've personally liked every one I have played. Killer basses.
  4. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Hey Kevin,
    the pino is worth every penny. It is the best p bass fender has made in years. I have a 69 p bass and the pino is just as good as that. It has the warmth you want from a p bass and the neck is wonderful. They actually sand down the back of the neck so it is nice and smooth. Really a top notch instrument. If you have the funds because they arent cheap Iwould go for it.

If you want a vintage one you have to go to a store and play it. There are some really good vintage fenders out there, it just may take some time to find the right one. hope this helps.
  5. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

If it were me, I would at least look into the G&L Lb-100 before you buy anything... Ash body and vintage alnico pickup which will undoubtedly deliver the vintage vibe you seek coupled with the stability of a 6 bolt neck and the best bridge in the business. You also get to choose your aesthetics and neck dimensions. It has a slightly different body shape then the Fender, but I guarantee it will hold its own against the Pino bass.
  6. kevinp

kevinp

Thanks everyone, sounds like I might be buying a Pino Pbass. I know what you mean about trying before you buy and as I live in Adelaide Australia there not to many Vintage basses for sale around this neck of the woods. Im really a Fender guy and have tried a couple of G&L basses but never quite clicked with them. Thanks again for your comments, Regards Kevin