1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Pitch to CV conversion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sprag, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    I am thinking of using an analogue systems rs 35 to convert my bass pickup signal to control voltage, allowing me to drive a synth such as a minitaur.

Done some research and found that compressing and filtering the signal first improves tracking. just wondering if there are any other things I should be looking at to condition the signal to improve tracking (such as pre amplification, gating, etc,) and what are the good ones to go for.

Thanks

2. Sponsored by:

3. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    Technique.
    Play very cleanly, do not let any other note, than the one you are playing ring trough.
    -Use your fingers close to the neck
    -Play up the neck (no open strings) and if your d-string has a dead-spot - avoid it.
    -Do not expect 100% perfect or fast tracking.

Iv'e not tried that exact solution, but this is what goes for most analog trackers.

:)

4. autopilot

autopilot

Apr 25, 2007

+1000

5. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    Thanks Skrough & Auto. I left out the crucial bit... most of what I could find researching was that it tracked guitar well but couldn't find anything on bass... I was more after info on will that translate to bass and still sound acceptable, as I'm sure I can't be the first person to try it. Thanks for the pm D, exactly the info I was after.