Pitch to CV conversion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sprag, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sprag

sprag

I am thinking of using an analogue systems rs 35 to convert my bass pickup signal to control voltage, allowing me to drive a synth such as a minitaur.

Done some research and found that compressing and filtering the signal first improves tracking. just wondering if there are any other things I should be looking at to condition the signal to improve tracking (such as pre amplification, gating, etc,) and what are the good ones to go for.

Thanks
  2. Skrogh

Skrogh

Technique.
    Play very cleanly, do not let any other note, than the one you are playing ring trough.
    -Use your fingers close to the neck
    -Play up the neck (no open strings) and if your d-string has a dead-spot - avoid it.
    -Do not expect 100% perfect or fast tracking.

Iv'e not tried that exact solution, but this is what goes for most analog trackers.

:)
  3. autopilot

autopilot

+1000
  4. sprag

sprag

Thanks Skrough & Auto. I left out the crucial bit... most of what I could find researching was that it tracked guitar well but couldn't find anything on bass... I was more after info on will that translate to bass and still sound acceptable, as I'm sure I can't be the first person to try it. Thanks for the pm D, exactly the info I was after.
  5. Register to disable this ad