1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Pittsburgh bassist club.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jimmyplaysabass, Feb 8, 2008.

1. yeah basically there's only one other guy on here that I know will join this haha.

pm or post for your number

2. karl e. hungus

karl e. hungus

Feb 1, 2008
    aye im from pittsburgh....

do i need skill to be in the club because at the momment im fresh out...

:rollno:

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. psh not at all, consider yourself number2 my friend

5. BryanM

BryanM Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Count me in, lately it seems as if there's a bit of a low-end deficiency around town, so I welcome any and all opportunities to meet fellow bassists locally.

6. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    I lived in the burgh from 85-95, played the Jazz Sunday Brunch at the Grand Concourse..been in NYC since, there is a very, very good Pgh bass player over on the DB side here...

7. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    I lived in Pittsburgh from 1960-70. But since I didn't start playing bass until 1974, I'd feel disingenuous joining your club. Just want to give a shout to my homies in Oakland, the North Side, and Scott Township (...as if anyone in 1960-70 had a clue what "homies" meant!)

8. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    as for now im stuck in the burgh, so count me in.

9. Wafoleri

Wafoleri

Jan 15, 2008
    Greensburg, Pa
    I live in Greensburg? Close enough maybe.

I know my way around Pittsburgh if that is any compensation.

10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Out of the area for ~20 years but I used to live in Connellsville / Fayette Co. Played mostly in and around Fayette and Westmoreland Co's. My son lives in Mt. Pleasant, works as a paramedic, and attends Pitt / Greensburg campus.

Riis

11. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Any of you guys know Erin Snyder? She played upright bass in a bunch of Pittsburgh C&W, bluegrass, & roots rock bands (but I met her when she was playing 'cello in an avant-jazz outfit called Watershed Quintet). Fabulous musician & wonderful person; I lost touch with her a few years ago.

12. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    not Erin, but you mention Watershed, that may be the band a guitarist I know named Daryl Fleming was in...used to play with him...back in the early 90's

13. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Yep, Daryl was definitely the guitarist in Watershed. Funny guy. Great player too.

14. I was born in Pittsburgh and lived there for the first 2 years of my life. Can I join?

15. alright

although neglected, NOT FORGOTTEN!

the list!

me-1
    Karl e. Hungus-2
    Bryan M-3
    santucci218-4
    wafoleri-5
    zooberwerx-6
    bassist4dalord-7

16. Jay See

Jay See

May 9, 2008
    I'm a CT/ NY based nylon string guitarist who is coming to the Pittsburgh area for a possible gig in July. I'm looking for an acoustic bassist who plays Jazz and Brazilian music to accompany me. Please email me if you're out there.

Joe
    Empcds@aol.com

17. Count me in too ! I'm a little north of the city but close enough.

18. Hey can I join?

I grew up in New Castle, PA and worked in Pittsburgh for nearly 15 years.

I've been in Australia for over 7 years, but I still crave the occasional Primanti Bros sandwich, follow the Steelers, Pens, & Pirates, and use Heinz ketchup exclusively. :)

Yes, we have Heinz in Aus...it's made in Aus, but it's VERY close in taste (much closer than any of that other stuff they call "tomato sauce" :spit: ;) )

19. quale213

quale213

Sep 17, 2008
    Pittsburgh
    Southside Carson St. yo! Keepin the groove on the flats

20. What's up yinz guys!? I live in Hempfield. Oh yeah baby.

Why don't you all list your current bands & projects...it would be great to see you play out sometime.

I play upright with standards singer Donna Bailey and my own group Cadillac Jazz.

I play electric with jazz & blues vocalist Olga Watkins and get to sub in the Billy Price Band from time to time.

And yes, there are several great Pgh players lurking on TB! :ninja:

~ Jason