1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pix from my weekend gig, again

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassCliff, Nov 17, 2013.

1. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

We (The Kelly Rae Band) just finished up another weekend at The Ranch in Anaheim. Friday was OK but Saturday night was off the chain!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's our lovely Kelly putting on the show.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure who this guy thinks he is.

[​IMG]

Art and Daniel are pointing something out.

[​IMG]

This is Daniel's rig. Quite a bit of stuff for a fiddle/mando player.

[​IMG]

Art plays so loud that he brings his smallest amp to this gig and the sound guy, that's Mark in the background, still puts a shield in front of it. I think that's 15 watts of pure Fender power. :smug:

[​IMG]

It's a good thing Art doesn't use any of the backline there. The available amps are two Fender Twin Reverbs, a Matchless and a Vox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Mario forgot to eat before the gig. The Yamaha drum set is part of the backline too.

[​IMG]

There are a couple of bass amps available, this SVT rig that you've seen before, and a GK 800RB along with both GK 115RBH and Neo 412RBH cabinets.

[​IMG]

Yes, there is a keyboard available too, along with a Roland amp, but Jeff brings his own keyboards and runs direct.

[​IMG]

This is the owner, Andrew, and I in the green room after the 1st set on Saturday night. Andrew has started singing the first song with the band. He's getting better every time.

[​IMG]

And for Mr. modulusman, who likes high-end PA systems, here is some of the PA gear in the club, all Meyer stuff. There is an array like this hung on either side of the stage, six dual 12" with a dual 15" cab on top. The subs are under the stage and front fills are on the, um, front of the stage. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the floor wedges.

[​IMG]

This is the monitor room just off of stage right.

[​IMG]

And here is the band's private restroom. Well, the men's room anyway. Since Kelly is the only female she gets her own. We call it her "office".

[​IMG]

This is Autumn. She celebrated her birthday with friends tonight. A good time was had by all.

[​IMG]

And this is Mary enjoying some two-stepping around the dance floor with a friend.

[​IMG]

I hope your weekends gigs were as much fun as mine. Break a leg!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

2. dbase

dbase

Here's my weekend country gig... I'm jealous.. want to trade places?
    [​IMG][

3. modulusman

modulusman

I didn't notice anything Carvin besides your bass. :D:bag: Having that gig is why I'm so surprised that you didn't at least make an attempt to buy something that didn't scream Clueless DJ when you were shopping for PA.:confused: Here is a thread over at the gear page going on right now. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1348541 Every reply says the same thing 215 PA cabs suck. The Yamaha being discussed is a better cab than your carvin .

4. nojj

nojj Guest

Meow

[​IMG]

I love my Carvin Fretless 6, just wish they'd used a better freakin' jack in it

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

I know, right? ;)

Mine does seem a little looser than I like but I've never had an issue. I've been playing mine for almost 20 years. I will tweak it and clean it now and then. Maybe one of these days I'll just replace it. But it's a great axe! I am an admitted Carvin fanboy and part-time clueless DJ. :D

BassCliff

7. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

The Ranch, what a dreamy place, and some musicians actually get paid to play there!

dbase, we all have our challenges. :D

8. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

I've played that gig, a lot. ;)

They can be fun. Us older folk need love too. Often I used to play at a place called The Ponderosa in Sun City, a city known for its retirement communities. We would have couples on the dance floor dragging around their oxygen bottles, or in wheelchairs, having a great time. They knew how to party! :D

BassCliff

9. dbase

dbase

We play extra loud to keep them awake ... :bassist::bassist::bassist:

10. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Ha. I just moved to Austin from Temecula this year. Sun City IS the retirement mecca!!