Pixar theory

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by curbowkid, Jul 13, 2013.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Interesting theory, but I think it's more to do with a studio producing work that's in the same vein, towards the same audience and using the hooks that people expect from a pixar film.

The little cross-overs, I don't see those as tie-ins to a bigger universe, more that they are fun little nods to their other works.

The author claims that A Bug's Life is occuring in the post-apocalyptic world, but he doesn't mention the Bug's Life toys which appear in the Toy Story films. He's missing out parts to put his theory together :p

I must admit that I do quite like those little nods. One of my favourite shows, Firefly, get's a lot of little nods in other programs. It gets a lot in Castle (usually not too subtle and tied in with it having the same main character), but there are some other sneaky wee ones, like the ship from Firefly appearing in the background of Battlestar Galactica. It doesn't mean they are in the same universe, just a little easter egg, a little nod :)
  3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I've always thought the movies roughly existed in the same universe, but I think this theory is a bit of a stretch. I mean, the idea Boo teaches herself time travel and magic and thus becomes a witch is a very, very large assumption based off of no real evidence. Not to mention that animals having human characteristics has been a part of story-telling since when it first started. It's hardly a new idea or anything unique to the Pixar story universe.
  4. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

It was just interesting. I too believe its a bit stretched but its still pretty cool.

Theres another theory on Ed Edd n Eddy thats kinda cool
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hover

hover

I just wish Pixar didn't stop being Pixar, but there's a much bigger entity to answer to now.
  7. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I think I've heard that one, it's pretty depressing IIRC.

The theory on "Rugrats" is pretty depressing (and kinda creepy) too.
  8. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

A lot of father issues in Pixar films.

I love a good g rated movie. Black stallion.