places for a warwick tuneup (chicagoland)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by KevinStWarwick, Feb 1, 2014.

1. KevinStWarwick

KevinStWarwick

I've got a Warwick Streamer with the special warwick bridge and the adjustable nut, its about time I threw some new strings on there and got her polished up and tuned. I dont have the tools to polish or the knowledge to mess with the bridge and nut plus I dont have the measuring tools. So Im looking for someone in the chicagoland area who does specifically does Warwick tuneups well I only specify because the bride is weird and I dont want to take it to guitar center (because they charge way too much for someone who is inexperienced and not gonna take their time and effort to really make it good for etc...) I want it to be done well and professionally. Payment isnt really the issue I just want someone I can talk to and work with to get my baby set up just right... if anyone can recommend someone whos handy with an allen key (and a warwick) in the chicagoland area please let me know, and will take the time to make it just right please either PM me or post on here if you want to help a guy (or gal) get their name out. I know its kindof a strange question to ask for specifically someone who does warwicks but Ive had it tuned before and I feel someone whos had alot of experience with them would be very beneficial. In return for taking the time to read this heres a Tony Campos siganture Fernades tremor 5 x going for 500 bucks... pretty hot deal if you ask me, thanks in advance fellow bassists, keep rocking, and please keep giving awesome advice!!

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Since you're in Chicago, the best thing you can do is to hook up with a fellow TBer / Warwick owner in the metro area...someone who is willing to commit a little time to the project. Most Warwickians know their instruments inside & out...it's a must. I've owned 3 and it's not that difficult to dial in the action desired. The tutorial in the Warwick site is one of the best places to start. If you were in Virginia Beach, I'd be more than glad to help out. I'd be hard-pressed to spend $25-50 for someone to show me what hex screws do what.

Riis